BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Deleting trunk numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony1313

Premium Subscriber
Don’t know if this is the right place for this question .
in the free scan program I deleted one of the truck number of a local ambulance(because all static ) but now it’s still scans the trunk number how could you go into the program and delete the truck number also .. or delete it off the scanner ? Uniden Bearcat BCD996P2

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might check the wording of your question. I got kind of confused on what you are asking. Are you wanting to delete a trunked system talkgroup, or a Radio ID number. You are using truck number and trunk number.

Generally you should delete it both places (free scan and on scanner). If you do not and did a read/write process, that will replace the missing "thing" owing to what you are doing.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Don’t know if this is the right place for this question .
in the free scan program I deleted one of the truck number of a local ambulance(because all static ) but now it’s still scans the trunk number how could you go into the program and delete the truck number also .. or delete it off the scanner ? Uniden Bearcat BCD996P2
You are referring to a talkgroup ID that you want to "delete"?

Are you scanning that system in ID Search mode, instead of ID Scan? If you are using ID Search, then your 'unwanted' TGID is coming up, with only the ID, since you did not import it when setting up the system. Had you imported that ID, then locked it out, it would not keep coming back to haunt you. Using ID SCAN, you're scanner will only stop in TGIDs that are programmed, provided that they are not locked out. In ID Search mode, it will stop on any active ID, unless it is locked out. Either switch to ID Scan mode, or when the unwanted item reappears, hit lockout twice in succession (or Function then lockout) to lockout the stray.

a29zuk

Just to add... hiegtx and wtp are telling you to hit "lockout" twice because hitting it once will only lock it out temporarily. Temporary lockout lasts while the scanner power is still on. Once the scanner power is cycled the temporary status ends and ID or frequency is no longer locked out.

One of my favorite features!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.