DeSoto Parish updates

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Hello,

I've been working over here for a few weeks. Found a lot of the sites and the frequencies/talkgroups/slots active, but in the process, I discovered that some of the licensed frequencies are being used on a 4+ site Motorola Capacity Plus system. There are sites co-located with the conventional linked DMR towers at Cotton Belt Rd (Mansfield North is how I labeled it), Keithville, Hunter Rd (Stanley) and Logansport HS. There is also a site 7 broadcasting a rest channel on 155.8125 but I have not been able to track down the signal location yet. The only traffic on it is on talkgroup 2 which is the SO dispatcher only on the main dispatch channel.

For the most part, the EMS and SO use their 5 site conventional linked VHF DMR systems which also relay data. The sites are Hunter Rd (Stanley), SO/Jail (Mansfield West), Cotton Belt Rd (Mansfield North), Keithville and Rambin. I have unfortunately not heard any transmissions from Rambin yet because it is so far from where I am working and staying, but there are several frequencies licensed down there. I think they are taking a little liberty with their frequency assignments as 154.145 is licensed for Rambin, but broadcasting from Stanley. I verified them by parking close to the towers and running no antenna.

There are still some fire departments to verify the talkgroups and slots, but I know the repeaters are active due to DMR data bursts with AVL/LRRP. Its a big parish to cover, but unique in its DMR approach. There has been no P25 activity that is related to the county on LWIN other than state troopers.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Have verified that Red River parish fire also switched to DMR next door. They are using 154.385 with CC 1, TG 101, and DeSoto FPD 2 (Keatchie) is using 154.385 with CC 11, TG 36.

riccom

That scanner geek in the big easy!
Premium Subscriber
Did desoto used to ha e a trunking system for dmr at one time?

picassolsus

Having a tough time with EMS here in DeSoto Parish. I'm running an SDS100, and have heard chatter on the sheriff frequencies (which seem good by the way) referencing an EMS call they were responding too, and I never heard a peep on the EMS channels I was simultaneously monitoring.

I'll note that the 155.865 tower is causing the scanner to hang a ton....looks like it's flashing DMR/CAP+. Not entirely sure I have these guys programmed right but I've tried everything from importing straight in with Sentinel and even adding manually on the scanner using the DMR/CAP+ guide video that Boy with a Scanner does in YouTube.

Anyone having EMS luck in DeSoto?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
They simulcast multiple repeaters in DMR mode and were conventional a few months back the last time I was over there. Try the other EMS repeaters listed on the database page and maybe remove the color code and search for new colors if they changed it.