BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Determine if a system converted to DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I have a 436HP and used to monitor a LTR system, which has been silent recently when I know it should have activity based on past years. I checked the ULS and they don't have any new frequencies or licenses. This leads me to believe it may have been converted to some sort of DMR trunk.

Any suggestions on the best way to begin to try to verify if they switched knowing the exact frequencies they are likely using?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a 436HP and used to monitor a LTR system, which has been silent recently when I know it should have activity based on past years. I checked the ULS and they don't have any new frequencies or licenses. This leads me to believe it may have been converted to some sort of DMR trunk.

Any suggestions on the best way to begin to try to verify if they switched knowing the exact frequencies they are likely using?

Maybe provide a link to the RRDB entry for the system so others can help

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
If they did go to DMR, you should still be getting noise on the frequencies. Try programming a single frequency that was active and see what you get. My IC-R30 gives a clear indication when I accidentally program a DMR channel, as Icom does not support DMR.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

Start by entering in all of those know freqs in conventional mode and see if you hear anything at all.

Post the link to their fcc license or post their fcc callsign. The license may have some clues.

Sometimes if a company or business is leasing radio equipment, the license may not reflect the name of the user but rather the name of the radio shop or company leasing the equipment.

You don't have a location listed but I see you mostly post in CT and MA forums. If their freqs are silent, could they now be on Onevoice System?

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the delay in response, but things have been a bit hectic and this was on the back burner for a while.

The system is Six Flags New England. Hampden County, Massachusetts (MA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

I put in the freqs in convention mode and heard some analog traffic. I reloaded the systems from the DB and tried again and let it run in discovery mode one weekend.

I have traffic on 0-02-168(EMS and some other non-ems comms, i.e. min age to use fryers), 0-02-167( unknown 5xx units), 0-02-159(rides??) and that's it.

Normally I would expect to hear security, trams, ride maint and at least 2 of the three ops TGs.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.