DG Amb Posting Locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have the new DG posting locations for Systems Status Management (SSM), I used to have the old 2 digit list but now they have moved to a 3 digit numbering system. Think the first digit might be the police district but what about xx. ?

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Updated Posting List

I knew you guys were good for it, thanks a bunch.

101 6th/Federal
102 Speer/Federal

201 I-70/Washington
202 MLK/Colorado
203 Quebec/Colfax

301 1st/University
302 Leetsdale/Monaco
303 Colorado/Evans
304 I-225/Tamarac

401 I-25/Alameda
402 Broadway/Evans
403 Sheridan/Jewell
404 Hampden/Wadsworth

501 I-70/Peoria
502 48th/Tower

Now the big question remains how many of these are 7-11 parking lots, guess there is a reason for those aftermarket Recaro seats!!

Jim<

jimmnn said:
Now the big question remains how many of these are 7-11 parking lots, guess there is a reason for those aftermarket Recaro seats!!
Jim<

That's just funny. No matter where you go in the United States, you're bound to find that 7-11 is used for ambulance posting.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
poltergeisty said:
I'll have to ask, what's the benefit to knowing the locations they sit at?

For me personally it helps if I have missed the dispatch location for a call that turns out to be good I can hear them sending additional backfill to a specific post and or sending the x cars towards that post to backfill and will help me identify where the call is occuring by paying attention to that DPD dist channel and/or the DFD units are are normally first due for that area.

For example if the Montbello posts get additional units then we almost always have an alert occuring at DIA.

DG is the only one in the state that truly uses SSM posting, many like AMR Springs and Rural Metro Aurora and Pridemark Boulder use pieces of it but not with as much movement as Denver does.

Sorry to bore the list if this is off-topic.

Jim<

cstockmyer

jimmnn said:
I knew you guys were good for it, thanks a bunch.

101 6th/Federal
102 Speer/Federal

201 I-70/Washington
202 MLK/Colorado
203 Quebec/Colfax

301 1st/University
302 Leetsdale/Monaco
303 Colorado/Evans
304 I-225/Tamarac

401 I-25/Alameda
402 Broadway/Evans
403 Sheridan/Jewell
404 Hampden/Wadsworth

501 I-70/Peoria
502 48th/Tower

Jim<

Off the top of my head 304 and 402 have them lol...I wonder why they dropped Hampden/Monaco as a post, there is always a wreck at 25 and Hampden.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
MikeyB said:
I find it very interesting and am glad Jim posted it. I find it interesting that you can have only that many (~15_) posts!

Because it's completely fluid movement Mike, no stations, TV's or recliners for these medics it's on the street the entire shift and the ambulance is your station. Often when just one call drops there can be four or five rigs moving to cover the holes in that coverage level of SSM.

Works very well actually.

Jim<

cstockmyer

What are X cars when it comes to DG? Now and then I see a SUV with the DG colors on it, what are thoes used for?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
cstockmyer said:
What are X cars when it comes to DG? Now and then I see a SUV with the DG colors on it, what are thoes used for?

X-Cars are BLS ambulances, look just the same as the ALS ones.

SUV's = Supervisors often identified as 22, 26, 21 etc

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
jeffreyinberthoud said:
ok Ill ask what is DG?

DG = Denver General = Denver Health Medical Center = Denver Health and Hospitals = the only 911 ambulance service for the city and county of denver, colorado.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.