DHART Lebanon Base Transmit Range?

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I enjoy listening to the various medical helicopters in the area. I can get DHART Manchester from my house in the lakes region no problem. I can also get LifeFlight of Maine Sanford no problem. My question is about the DHART Lebanon dispatch. Does anyone have any experience receiving this frequency? I believe it's 155.325. I don't have it programmed in right now because I think I wasn't able to pick them up previously. I've recently upgraded my roof antenna so I'll try again. Looking at the database, it looks like this might just be a rooftop antenna at Dartmouth hospital. The airport is very close. Does anyone know if this is linked to a repeater I might have a chance of picking up? Is it possible the helicopters can stay in communication with dispatch whenever they are using just that rooftop antenna at the hospital? I know there is a mountain top repeater for their Manchester dispatch. Thanks all!

DeeEx

I think we had an in-depth discussion on the scan-ne forums within the last two years or so, probably plenty of answers to be found there.

ecps92

Hey all, I enjoy listening to the various medical helicopters in the area. I can get DHART Manchester from my house in the lakes region no problem. I can also get LifeFlight of Maine Sanford no problem. My question is about the DHART Lebanon dispatch. Does anyone have any experience receiving this frequency? I believe it's 155.325. I don't have it programmed in right now because I think I wasn't able to pick them up previously. I've recently upgraded my roof antenna so I'll try again. Looking at the database, it looks like this might just be a rooftop antenna at Dartmouth hospital. The airport is very close. Does anyone know if this is linked to a repeater I might have a chance of picking up? Is it possible the helicopters can stay in communication with dispatch whenever they are using just that rooftop antenna at the hospital? I know there is a mountain top repeater for their Manchester dispatch. Thanks all!
at the Height the Helo's fly at, Yes they can "generally" keep communication back to Dispatch on the VHF when Airborne

The UHF was implemented to be able to talk to the units on the ground at the Manchester Base, never heard it used for Airborne Communication. Also keep in mind, when they exit their own coverage area, most will change over to the Dispatch of that regions provider.

ie: Boston we regularly hear Maine Lifeflight, DHART, Worcester MF, Lifestar and (I forget the names) the various NY Agencies who are inbound/outbound to/from Boston

GraniteScanner

Radio Nerd
Premium Subscriber
at the Height the Helo's fly at, Yes they can "generally" keep communication back to Dispatch on the VHF when Airborne

The UHF was implemented to be able to talk to the units on the ground at the Manchester Base, never heard it used for Airborne Communication. Also keep in mind, when they exit their own coverage area, most will change over to the Dispatch of that regions provider.

ie: Boston we regularly hear Maine Lifeflight, DHART, Worcester MF, Lifestar and (I forget the names) the various NY Agencies who are inbound/outbound to/from Boston

Thats interesting in regards to units on the ground.

ecps92

Thats interesting in regards to units on the ground.
Similar to when Boston MF had Repeaters at Bedford, Boston and Plymouth - all so the Crew could be away from a desk.
Boston now is pretty much Simplex - for the UHF and other traffic is on one of the Community DMR Nets