• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Did I mess up my KWD-5300CV?

fontanei

Kenwood KPT-300LMC - I was having a hard time understanding how the whole authentication worked and I might have dragged the KWD-300CV DMR conventional license into the left box and hit refresh and or authenticate....I really can't remember what I did.

Now, with the radio connected to the PC while the KPT-300LMC is up and running, I cannot drag and drop the KWD-300CV file into the left window.

What is the correct procedure to 'upload' licenses to the NX family of radios?

Thanks in advance :)

WB5UOM

Premium Subscriber
If you dragged it there at first, it should shiw on the left side the licence and a value of 1of1 if you bought just 1 license.
if it IS there you cant drag and drop a 2nd time.
If you see it on left side, click to highlight it...then go click 'radio authentication'.
it will pop up with a message about 72 hours to change your mind..click ok
then you can 'refresh radio' and it now should be listed on right hand screen with the rest of the radio options
The left side will then say 0 if 1 remaining

wd8chl

Also, in the left hand box, near the center of the window, you can click on 'quantity' and it will sort by the number of license keys you have. You might have to click it twice to get the ones you still have at the top.
If the one you entered says zero, then it's in the radio.

fontanei

So I think I dragged the lic to the left box without having a radio connected to the laptop and clicked radio authentication.

I ordered another DMR lic and we'll see what happens.

WB5UOM

Premium Subscriber
Well what dies the left side say?
maybe a picture for us?

wd8chl

So I think I dragged the lic to the left box without having a radio connected to the laptop and clicked radio authentication.

I ordered another DMR lic and we'll see what happens.

That would not cause a problem. It should have said that there was no radio connected-in fact you MUST hit refresh first, since you can have more than one radio connected if you have enough cables, and that let's you pick what radio to send it to, plus it updates their database, so that if you put a licenses in the radio, they know it and it verifies that it's legit.
So again, what does the quantity say? If it says 1/1, then the key is still in the computer, and did not go to a radio. If it says 0/1, then it went to the radio.
Connect the radio, then turn it on. (Don't connect or disconnect a programming cable to a radio unless it's off.) Hit refresh. If the radio is not connected, you will get a com port fail error. If it is, you'll see what features the radio has, and the model and serial number, on the right side.

Last edited:

fontanei

Sorry for the delay: I connected the programming cable with the radio powered off. I then powered it on and hit refresh. Nothing populates on the right side of the screen after pressing refresh.

LMC_radio_powered_off.png

fontanei

License file name: KWD-5300CV_____xxxxxxxx..jkefr

xxxxxxxx = numbers that include the date when I got the lic.

Product information:
KPG-D1N_radio_info.png

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
What feature are you trying to use? DMR? You need to turn off NXDN or P25 and turn on DMR......

WB5UOM

Premium Subscriber
Need to be under RADIO AUTHENTICATION to see radio licences
What you show there is SOFTWARE AUTHENTICATION correctly showing your D1N.

fontanei

Ok, so the problem I was having was that the software (D1N) was authenticated but the account, my kenwood account, wasn't because I didn't have an jkefa account file.

Once I got the account authenticated I was able to load the DMR entitlement into the radio.

:D

So its all good now.

Thank you all who helped me.