Difference In Group/Private

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

On The Trunk Systems on the GRE PSR 500, What's the difference when programming a trunk system in the type that says Private/Group? I leave mine on group but sometimes wonder if I should change them to private, The difference is what? The System Setting or something, I'm not sure on what exactly that is..Can someone set me straight on that please?

Thanks..

mikey60

On The Trunk Systems on the GRE PSR 500, What's the difference when programming a trunk system in the type that says Private/Group? I leave mine on group but sometimes wonder if I should change them to private, The difference is what? The System Setting or something, I'm not sure on what exactly that is..Can someone set me straight on that please?

Thanks..

The group setting allows you to hear group calls via a talkgroup ID. This will probably be 99% of what you would program in for a system.

The Private setting allows you to hear radio to radio conversations (AKA Private calls, ICalls). You can program in specific radio IDs, or use a wildcard to hear all private calls that occur on the system or site that you are monitoring.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.