Difficulty with the 700 simulcast for Morris County

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelexx104

Premium Subscriber
Programming a Whistler WS1040 and it will not pick up the Police Dispatch 8 on the trunked system of 700 Simulcast for Morris County. The software I'm using is the PSRedit500.

The police come in loud and clear on the 3 Uniden BCD325P2, however the Whistler WS1040 isn't picking anything up for the police. All the frequencies were imported over through Radio Reference without any problems. I called a friend of mine that programs scanners as well and had him look everything over. We are both baffled as to why it won't come through. The both of us checked the firmware on the WS1040 and that's all up to date.

As anyone else had this issue with the Whistler WS1040?? Thanks in advance!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Programming a Whistler WS1040 and it will not pick up the Police Dispatch 8 on the trunked system of 700 Simulcast for Morris County. The software I'm using is the PSRedit500.

The police come in loud and clear on the 3 Uniden BCD325P2, however the Whistler WS1040 isn't picking anything up for the police. All the frequencies were imported over through Radio Reference without any problems. I called a friend of mine that programs scanners as well and had him look everything over. We are both baffled as to why it won't come through. The both of us checked the firmware on the WS1040 and that's all up to date.

As anyone else had this issue with the Whistler WS1040?? Thanks in advance!
That is a simulcast system and Whistler scanners don't play nice with those systems. Search the forums you'll see hundreds of posts about it.

wtp

if you could take the radio for a ride and get close to a tower, it should show you the radio is programmed correctly and simulcast is the problem.

michelexx104

Premium Subscriber
if you could take the radio for a ride and get close to a tower, it should show you the radio is programmed correctly and simulcast is the problem.
I'm less than 1/4 mile from the tower

Reactions: wtp

tvengr

Well Known Member
The police come in loud and clear on the 3 Uniden BCD325P2, however the Whistler WS1040 isn't picking anything up for the police.
All of the 700 MHz talkgroups are P25 Phase 2 (T in the Mode column). The WS1040 is capable of decoding P25 Phase 1 only. The scanner will not work on that system. The BCD325P2 is Phase 2 capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.