Software Digital Decoding plugins for SDRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's been awhile in coming, but it seems that SDRPlay plugins are being developed to support CW. Baudot RTTY, PSK, NAVTEX and FAX reception You can find them linked from here.;...

I will be adding a section to our HF Decoding article for these - has there been similar developments for SDR sharp? If so, let's have the URLs....Mike

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Personally, I would just use MultiPSK despite its interface and VBCable and that works with SDRPlay, AirSpy, etc and provides all those modes and more.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
True, but all those blasted buttons and cluttered screen really takes some getting used to. Having one piece of software for a single mode is a great way to start - no need to have your mind numbed right off the bat (heh)....Mike

merlin

I have a box full of decoders, DSD+FL, DCS decoder, DMR decode, MultiPSK, Even the vintage Skyswepro.
My 'go to' though is Sorcerer. They all work 'stand alone' (mic/line in) or with VBcable, any of the SDR sotwares.
73s

merlin

It's been awhile in coming, but it seems that SDRPlay plugins are being developed to support CW. Baudot RTTY, PSK, NAVTEX and FAX reception You can find them linked from here.;...

I will be adding a section to our HF Decoding article for these - has there been similar developments for SDR sharp? If so, let's have the URLs....Mike
DSD+ is the norm with SDR#.
Personally, I would just use MultiPSK despite its interface and VBCable and that works with SDRPlay, AirSpy, etc and provides all those modes and more.
Get a load of Sorcerer, simple, easy to set modes, put on the screen what you want, where, and how big.
Does CW/FSK/MFSK/PSK/SelCall/WeFax.

Attachments

• Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    213.5 KB · Views: 37

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
DSD+ is not used on HF

Sorcerer (which is generally considered a crack of abandoned software), like so many others (even MulitPSK), has modes on it that haven't been used in years...

Back to digital decoding plugins....see the topic? Mike

merlin

Interesting, but these aren't plugins . Tanks anyway...Mike
They call them plugins because one can launch the other and pass audio with the likes of VBcable.
You find plugins on the left panel often collapsed.(IE: recorder plugin)

merlin

DSD+ is not used on HF

Sorcerer (which is generally considered a crack of abandoned software), like so many others (even MulitPSK), has modes on it that haven't been used in years...

Back to digital decoding plugins....see the topic? Mike
Yea, my bad about DSD+ but sorcerer works for nearly everything out there today. MultiPSK is no better.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
They call them plugins because one can launch the other and pass audio with the likes of VBcable.
You find plugins on the left panel often collapsed.(IE: recorder plugin)

Not quite. Plugins extend the capabilities of a particular software by adding functions that it didn't have before. In this case these plugins work with SDRUno to extend that software's capabilities for decoding, say NAVTEX, without the use of a VBCable or any other interfacing software. Now I see where the confusion lies.

Mike

merlin

True, just my bad choice of phrasing. I just don't find many decoder plugins. Recorders and frequency managers are handy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.