Digital Frequency Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvfd605

I know a local police department, City of Emporia, VA, has gone digital within the last 8 months. When I look them up on radioreference.com, it only lists the high and ultra-high analog freqs they've always had. How do I find out their new digital info to program into my Pro-106? Really would appreciate help... I'm experienced with analog, but new to the digital world... Thanks.

gvfd605

I don't think that is Emporia, VA. Emporia isn't located in Greensville County. In VA Cities are separate entities and not associated with a county. Towns are municipal corporations but are within County jurisdictions. At any rate, The digital frequencies aren't listed in Greensville County either.

Can't the digital frequency info be gotten from the FCC? I've been to their website before, but it takes a PHD to find anything on it.

I appreciate your help on this.

DickH

I know a local police department, City of Emporia, VA, has gone digital within the last 8 months. When I look them up on radioreference.com, it only lists the high and ultra-high analog freqs they've always had. How do I find out their new digital info to program into my Pro-106? Really would appreciate help... I'm experienced with analog, but new to the digital world... Thanks.
You are making a simple thing very complicated.
1) There are no "digital frequencies". A freq. can be digital, analog, AM, Fm, etc. Digital is just another type of modulation.
2) To find a new freq., put in the city name and the state in the FCC database.

I just looked and there do not seem to be any new licenses for Emporia. Perhaps they are on some regional system like Richmond/Chesterfield etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.