Digital Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

csabdeny

I have a TRX-1 and Whistler programed it for our area Prattville Al, Autauga County. Our Fire Dept went digital a few weeks ago. I don't think RR has the updated frequency. I have it on scan for my area like Whistler set it up but it will stop on the ''tones'' red light comes on but can't hear dispatch or the FF in the truck. I can't find anyone to help get the correct frequency local. How often does RR get the updated frequencies from the city's that go digital? Any help would be appreciated and I am scanner stupid. Anyone local that might can help as our son is a FF and we like to keep up with what's going on. It picks up local PD and state troopers just fine which are still analog I believe. Thanks

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
At present, it seems they are using a new P25 Phase II trunked system. Montgomery Metro Communications Cooperative District Trunking System, Various, Alabama

It looks like you have four talk groups for your county specific to LE and Fire talk groups. Two of these are marked as Phase II (T) & two are Phase I (D).

The others "appear" to be fully-encrypted (E). I say this because I am dealing with inaccurate talk groups here in Waco. One has been marked as fully-encrypted. I listen to the talk group marked with "E" every might.

wwhitby

Feed Provider
One thing to try is to program the Prattville Site in its own Scan List. I've found by breaking the system up into multiple scan lists based upon each site, the TRX-1 performs much better and you miss less traffic.

The other FD talkgroups are indeed full-time encrypted. I've never heard any non-encrypted traffic on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.