Digital testing on Greenfield TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings all...

Hearing testing in Digital/P25 mode on talkgroup 49616 on the City of Greenfield's TRS. There has been no voice traffic on here...just lots of keyups in the last hour or so

I wondering if this means Greenfield PD will be going digital soon.

Tim.

Tim

Feed Provider
I don't remember hearing digital when they went from a type I to a type II system, but i am getting older :)

Of course, in listening a number of hours yesterday and not one peep on the digital talkgroup. Maybe they just got new and improved portable radios and were testing to see if they programmed correctly?

I guess only further monitoring will tell. I'm still wondering when MCTRS 2 will be getting more tower sites on the air and/or testing.

Tim

Tim

Feed Provider
I heard it on the BC996T. I have Greenfield programmed in as a Type II system. This is not considered a P25 Trunked Radio System (yet...). I am guessing they will eventually convert the system to a P25 system, like WISCOM is.

Tim

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings Again....

I heard more digital on Greenfield TRS again. I caught the tail end of "Radio Service" talking to another unit in digital mode on 49616 again. So something must be up....

Tim

mkescan

Don't forget the talk a while back about Greenfield joining the county, and how Greenfield freqs would be added to the county system. Also remember the county was suppose to be adding several digital sites this year. Not saying this is whats going on right now, but the county is low on cash, maybe they are doing a Greenfield site before the Airport area.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings Again...

Dispatcher was testing with a sergeant on 51248 (Digital Mode) tonight around 11pm. Hmmm...this is getting interesting.

Tim

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
Now only if the rest of the county will start switching. Money is tight, so i dont see it happening any time soon.

Tim

Feed Provider
Greetings...

Not sure if its a test/dry run or what, but listening to Greenfield Police operating P25 Digital on talkgroup 51248 tonight. Not sure about Fire.

Apparently, Greenfield Police and Fire feed not digital capable because hearing digital hash noises on there.

Tim

mkescan

I think just the non patrol squads are using it a lot, at least that's how it sounded about a week ago.
Wonder if the feed guy has scanner in conventional mode, or trunked search.
I heard P25 around 9am today too.

Tim

Feed Provider
I am listening at 950am now and they are back analog on 32784. I listened for about 20 minutes last night around midnight and squads were making traffic stops and two were dispatched to an assignment on 51248. Perhaps it was a dry run I guess.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.