Discord streaming?

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if its possible to stream scanner audio to a discord voice channel, either from Rdio or from scannercast, or shoutcast, or icecast? Is there a bot for this, or would I have to probably make one? I'm hosting a discord community just for people in my area to chat about emergency responses and other goings-ons in my community, and I'd love to be able to provide a scanner feed for people to listen to

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, there is a way of doing this via an app on discord. I had been playing around with is on my Discord server. It's built to stream music so it requires that a back end streaming service is already running. Ex - your own personal Icecast or application that can source / host the stream.

You then kick off the bot and give it the full URL of the stream source. It then plays the audio into a channel that you've previously specified when configuring the bot. The bot I've been using is called 24/7. I haven't used it much but it did the trick when I used it. https://top.gg/bot/369208607126061057

hotpocket

Premium Subscriber
Yes, there is a way of doing this via an app on discord. I had been playing around with is on my Discord server. It's built to stream music so it requires that a back end streaming service is already running. Ex - your own personal Icecast or application that can source / host the stream.

You then kick off the bot and give it the full URL of the stream source. It then plays the audio into a channel that you've previously specified when configuring the bot. The bot I've been using is called 24/7. I haven't used it much but it did the trick when I used it. https://top.gg/bot/369208607126061057
Oh my god, that’s perfect. Just tested it out and it’ll work amazing for what I’m looking for. Thanks a billion!

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Does anyone know if its possible to stream scanner audio to a discord voice channel, either from Rdio or from scannercast, or shoutcast, or icecast? Is there a bot for this, or would I have to probably make one? I'm hosting a discord community just for people in my area to chat about emergency responses and other goings-ons in my community, and I'd love to be able to provide a scanner feed for people to listen to
Just run discord on the machine you are capturing the audio with for your other feeds if you have them. Thats all you need to do.