Discriminator Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

_DeS_

Greetings all,
In my quest to further gain knowledge of local radios systems I was thinking on doing a discriminator mod. Just a few questions before hand. If I was to do this mod on my Pro 97, would I still be able to use my scanenr as normal or do this mod dedicate the unit to being used soley for the discriminator mod. Secondly, when running a program such as unitrunker, what information will such a program show me...

Thanks for any help guys...

SCPD

QRT
des said:
If I was to do this mod on my Pro 97, would I still be able to use my scanenr as normal or do this mod dedicate the unit to being used soley for the discriminator mod.
Yes - you can still use as before.

The only side effect of a disc. tap - when plugged directly into a computer sound input or a slicer circuit (some are better than others) - will affect squelch operation or decreased overall volume. As soon as you unplug the discriminator tap, the radio returns to normal.

des said:
Secondly, when running a program such as unitrunker, what information will such a program show me...
Live call activity
Affiliations
Talkgroups
Radio Ids
Active patches
Neighboring sites

Check the wiki for screenshots and general info on Trunker, Unitrunker and a half-dozen other related programs.

-rick

_DeS_

Great, thanks for the info, I was more so concerned that IF I did the mod could I still use my radio as normal when not using the discriminator. And from what I gather from what you just said, the answer would be yes...

Thanks Kindly...

Status
Not open for further replies.