Not open for further replies.

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Oh well doesnt that just suck..

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Nothing bad happens on Disney property ever, things are handled in a way the public will never see anything bad happen hence the encryption

RF-Burns

Nothing bad happens on Disney property ever, things are handled in a way the public will never see anything bad happen hence the encryption

And that statement is 100% true well except when the Disney Bus popped that little kids head like a balloon a few years ago. That was hard to hide.

K4SVT

Banned
Well i guess that we never know without finding info or even reading a radio..but im sure it is locked up and secure..its like NXDN systems..locked up and cant get in..tough s***..moving on..

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
maybe you could ask one of those nice Disney employees to read their radio SMH

Attachments

• 50876966.jpg
    50876966.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 575

K4SVT

Banned
Haha..cold day in hell bro..

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Reading a radio won't provide any useful information regarding the encryption or RAS key.

As has already been explained, the system is Linked Capacity Plus with Enhanced Encryption and RAS.

canav844

Here's the threads that chrono the change from iDEN to DMR. Plenty more info on the public safety side of stuff if you search as well. Disney is (almost completely) encrypted, FHP is encrypted, OCSO is encrptyed, Orlando PD is encrypted
http://forums.radioreference.com/fl...orum/322387-disneyworld-radio-operations.html
(PDF linked in post 7 has some good triva info).
http://forums.radioreference.com/florida-radio-discussion-forum/227048-disney-world.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/florida-radio-discussion-forum/198431-disney-world-mototrbo.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/fl...um/240189-disney-world-comms-post-nextel.html

Would be interesting (but not really useful) to have a list of all the channels everybody sees on the radios, it'll be text not tied to the talkgroup numbers; but much like that QST article it might provide insight into scope and structure and organization. Looking at the scope of the operation and Disney's focus on efficiency looking at how they manage and maintain it could be interesting, even if only trivia since we can't listen to it.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I stand corrected as of this morning
Again..WDW is MotoTRBO..and 100% encryption and its a Linked Capacity Plus System..it would be encrypted because of the mass people at the park..

LOL, this is easy. Disney owns RCD by virtue of its being the TAX behind the gov. Yeah yeah, come on we know how this really works. Disney is the profit here. What it wants, it gets, end of story. But RCD is still officially an Government Entity, and therefore technically its own legally separate creature no matter who really is the power behind the scenes. WDW is an Corporate Entity and in another legal category itself, though as big and powerful as Walt's monster is, those lines are rather shady. So yes, officially they are and shall remain separate, and hence the radios systems are totally different animals. One has Bat Wings, one has Mouse Ears OKAY!? Heck, be glad you can hear the Bat Wings in Florida, the home of paranoia and encryption for government agencies. And as to the WDW system being fully encrypted, the Disney monster does not want any of its corporate secrets of operation being overheard by any competitor. Its an common enough way of operation for many organizations. Go listen to the A-B Brewing folks,.. Won't hear much since they rarely have anything not E. Though it is interesting that most "Theme Parks" are a tad more open in how they operate lol. Anyway, on with the show.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

S

SARCommCoord

Mike Sir with all due respect they were P25 in 2002 as a friend of mine was working at Reedy Creek Dispatch and they ran fulltime encryption. My friend worked there from 1995 to 2004 last time I visited them was July 2002.

You are confusing Disney with Reedy Creek. 2 separate entities. Reedy Creek is the improvement district and handles the day to day operations of the "cities" on Disney property.

drdeputy

Premium Subscriber
Dead Horse...

Not that this horse deserves any more beating, but I can at least offer this tiny bit of current information. I was in WDW today (Apr 2018) and can unequivocally confirm they use MotoTRBO 75xx radios. Given some public knowledge and what others have said, I'll let you assume they are XPR7550 or 7550e's, so they are most definitely DMR. I had nothing with which to monitor, not that I could have, but I know an XPR7550 when I see one, since I have one.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Please, let's not beat this dead horse again. You're arguing over posts made 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.