DMR CAP+ system causing interference on GMRS 462.7000 MHz in Chelsea area

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Trying to hunt down ongoing interference from some jack-wagon who put a DMR CAP+ system control/rest channel on GMRS frequency 462.7000 MHz in the Chelsea area, near Old US 12 and Main Street... The system is broadcasting site 1.1 with a color code 1, LCN 7 & 8 with no station identification for weeks and it is causing this frequency to essentially be useless for any GMRS and FRS users in/around a 15-25 mile radius around the Chelsea area. Fox hunting a little this evening in the Chelsea area confirmed it's very strong in the area of Old US12 and Main Street. It was originally though to be part of the Chrysler Proving Grounds CAP+ system, but this appears to be something else. Several complaints have been filed with the FCC (we all know how that goes); anyone else in that area seeing or hearing traffic on this system? We've been monitoring for weeks and records show no activity other than the control/rest channel carrier so far.

Golay

Premium Subscriber
.... Fox hunting a little this evening in the Chelsea area confirmed it's very strong in the area of Old US12 and Main Street ...
Maybe reach out to the Monroe Ham Club. I went fox hunting with them a couple years ago.
They got blue boxes and attenuators and other gadgets that can tell which pocket you have a hidden transmitter in.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Wow, I'm actually quite surprised at the prompt response to a complaint filed with the FCC and the detailed communication with the field engineer as well. We traced this down to the MOTOTRBO CAP+ system at FCA on M52 in Chelsea and the licensee and service vendor have been issues a termination order for the second time in about 4 years for mis-programming of base station equipment. They have been give until 05/27/2022 to terminate the interference. Kodu's to the FCC for still actively enforcing interference complaints, even for GMRS/FRS/Amateur communities...

kb8q

Premium Subscriber
Wow, I'm actually quite surprised at the prompt response to a complaint filed with the FCC and the detailed communication with the field engineer as well. We traced this down to the MOTOTRBO CAP+ system at FCA on M52 in Chelsea and the licensee and service vendor have been issues a termination order for the second time in about 4 years for mis-programming of base station equipment. They have been give until 05/27/2022 to terminate the interference. Kodu's to the FCC for still actively enforcing interference complaints, even for GMRS/FRS/Amateur communities...
Great work!!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
FCC usually does pretty good if you give them enough data to start with. Often those that get frustrated with the FCC only provide general details and no location data. The FCC just isn't staffed to chase everything down.
My experiences has been the same as yours. Give them good data and they'll show up and do the rest.

Curious which radio shop it was? There was a large nationwide shop many, many years ago that would often use GMRS as a dumping ground for their customers. They put a few repeaters up on GMRS and eventually got busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.