dmr

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
recently purchased the anytone d868uv and am trying to program county frequencies broadcast in dmr turbo, i can hear what sounds like encrypted messages, ive got the frequencies programmed but what am i missing as far as the settings?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I see you joined quite awhile back but this is your first post so welcome!

What county / system are you looking to monitor? That will help us give some more helpful guidance.

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
Boone and Newton counties sheriffs office and area state police agencies. and thanks for the warm welcome!

Last edited:

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Boone and Newton counties sheriffs office and area state police agencies. and thanks for the warm welcome!

OK, well state police is on the AWIN system (it's a P25 digital system, not DMR). You'd need a digital scanner that receives P25 systems to hear ASP and other state agencies on AWIN.

On Boone County I see a mix of analog and DMR for their frequencies on the Boone Co database page. Are those the ones you're using in your attempt to hear them? Some folks liken hearing DMR with an analog scanner as sounding like a motor boat. If that's what you're hearing, you may just have the DMR frequencies programmed as analog instead of DMR.

Like Boone, Newton County shows a DMR channel or two and then a bunch of analog on their database page. Same thing I mentioned about Newton may apply here.

So, are those the frequencies/channels you've been attempting to listen to without any luck?

wbswetnam

Boone and Newton counties use DMR for most dispatching, including sheriff and county fire. Harrison PD also uses DMR - not sure about Harrison fire department.

State police are on AWIN which is P25, you need a P25 capable scanner to receive them.

I recommend that you get a scanner which can monitor both P25 and DMR. One of the cheapest scanners for this is the Whistler 1095, which sells for about $350 on Amazon. I have one for mobile use in my car and I have been pleased with it. If you want a hand-held, the Whistler TRX-1 is excellent. It can get P25, DMR and NXDN (Eureka Springs PD are using NXDN).

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
The frequencies listed as dmr are set as digital, best I can tell they are not encrypted. However I did receive one transmission on one of Boone county s.o. I believe to be digital, then several “motorboat “ transmissions later... I’ve been at this for only two days so maybe I’ll eventually figure it out, I appreciate all the help you can give.

wbswetnam

The frequencies listed as dmr are set as digital, best I can tell they are not encrypted. However I did receive one transmission on one of Boone county s.o. I believe to be digital, then several “motorboat “ transmissions later... I’ve been at this for only two days so maybe I’ll eventually figure it out, I appreciate all the help you can give.

I am the user who submitted the DMR data for Boone and Newton counties to the RRDB. I can tell you that they were not encrypted as of early 2016, and I doubt that it is any different now.

rdlinn

Premium Subscriber
Ive finally got Boone county up and running great, however Harrison PD and Newton county are warbled for lack of a better term. Is there some type of encryption setting I can change? The Anytone AT D868UV is an awesome little radio so far, I'm learning as I go here! Thanks for all the help!

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
If it's encrypted you are most likely out of luck unless someone in the department gets you the encryption key.

wbswetnam

Ive finally got Boone county up and running great, however Harrison PD and Newton county are warbled for lack of a better term. Is there some type of encryption setting I can change? The Anytone AT D868UV is an awesome little radio so far, I'm learning as I go here! Thanks for all the help!

It's more likely that you're having reception issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.