DNR dispatching procedures changed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
Good evening

I've noticed a change in how DNR is dispatching their calls over the radio/alerting the officers for calls on Area 4 that seems to be patched in with Area 3 most of the time now. Two major calls came in tonight.

1. Area 3 - AA County - Kids stuck in the mud near a waterway
2. Area 4 - St. Marys - Flair sighting

For both calls they would hit the “wabble“ tone then announce “attention units in area * (insert call details) respond.

I’ve never heard of them use tones for anything while monitoring them and have done so for years. Anyone else hearing the same in the other areas or know of this change ? I like the way they are doing this to be honest and wonder why they haven’t done something like this long ago.

Thanks

hill

Premium Subscriber
The areas have been patched for some time, due to lack of dispatchers.

Areas 1 and 2

Areas 3 and 4

Areas 5 and 6

And would guess areas 7 and 8, since can't really receive them.

Jorza

I've only heard them use the warble tone one time before, when there was a Tornado Warning applied to the bay and they used to it to warn officers patrolling the water to get to shore. Perhaps they're using it now for higher priority calls like some other jurisdictions do.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
I've only heard them use the warble tone one time before, when there was a Tornado Warning applied to the bay and they used to it to warn officers patrolling the water to get to shore. Perhaps they're using it now for higher priority calls like some other jurisdictions do.

Possibly, I’ll keep monitoring

hill

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring the MNRP, since their marine side was on Low Band (39.22) and the other units worked on VHF (151.205) and have never heard any warble tone. Have received calls to search for an overdue boater with no tones. I have NRP in the scan at all times and would guess the tone started to be available when then started on Maryland First.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the first post on this both are in the Southern Area, maybe the other areas don't use much or at all. Also I would guess different dispatchers would see different things as a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.