Does anyone know any mobile radio antenna for 170mhz - 520 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

a417

Let me get this straight, you want a multi-band, rooftop antenna for your car, and your budget for it is $3,000? I can only assume that you are against drilling holes, yes?

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
What are you running ? You could easily get a Larsen tri-band with Motorola multiplexer, run 3 mobiles on V/U 7/800 and call it a day and not even put a dent in your 3 stacks.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Let me get this straight, you want a multi-band, rooftop antenna for your car, and your budget for it is $3,000? I can only assume that you are against drilling holes, yes?
Technically the OP never stated USD, so it could be...

the male of the deer, antelope, rabbit, hare, sheep, or goat

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Does anyone know any mobile radio antenna

You do mean an antenna that you mount on top of your vehicle, correct?

for 170mhz - 520 mhz

Do you actually need the entire spectrum from 170-520MHz, or just the mobile radio portions? There aren't a whole lot of radios that will cover that spectrum, and there's some stuff in that range (like digital TV) that you can't really do much with.

prcguy

Even without a trade you might look at the COMPACtenna Scan III, its very broad band and covers all the common VHF/UHF/700/800/900 public service bands plus 2m, 440 and 900 amateur. Works well on a mag mount, especially near the edge of a roof or trunk lid.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
From Post #11 im running a motorola base radio and a bearcat trunktracker v scanner
I would say you need to hook up 3 or 4 more scanners before you key the Motorola Radio.
JR you need to slow down and learn what you are doing 1st or are you just another silly TROLL.

rivardj

Premium Subscriber
From Post #11 im running a motorola base radio and a bearcat trunktracker v scanner
I would say you need to hook up 3 or 4 more scanners before you key the Motorola Radio.
JR you need to slow down and learn what you are doing 1st or are you just another silly TROLL.
Annnnddd...... he is gone. One less troll stinking the place up. There seems to be an unusually large number of guys like this one lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.