Does MSWIN layers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technoguy58

Question: Does Mississippi use layers on some of there sites? Maybe it is my imagination, but it seems like their is lots more Rankin traffic on the Rankin 800 smcst than on 700 MSWIN sites in Rankin county. The same for Hinds. Like in Utica, there is a 700mhz site and a 800mhz site right up the road. Same for the TV towers. Seems like more Hinds traffic is on the 800mhz side of MSWIN. Maybe it is my imagination. Any body with a knowledge of this system know if this is right or not??

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Yes the simulcasts carry the local traffic while the other sites are more state and extended coverage

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
To expand now that I am home: The local conversions such as the Hinds Simulcast, Rankin Simulcast, Warren County, Tupelo/Lee County, Washington County, DoSoto County, Forrest County, Jones County etc carry the majority of the local traffic to keep from overloading the original sites, as well as to give much better coverage for local agencies. State agencies do have access to ALL sites, but primarily will use the original sites of the MSWIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.