Does RTL SDR V4 work with Pohtos Flow or GNU Radio?

stacker_nl

I recently got a rtl sdr v4 and like to use it for a DAB+ project, so I wish to use it with GNU Radio and/or Pothos Flow
but unfortunately in both applications the soapy block failed to connect with the sdr dongle.
Even after copying the recommended rtl-sdr driver *.dll in the proper place.
Even after updating the win USB drivers etc etc.
The hardware vendor only support by pointing to software guys...

Q1 - Has any body got this rtl sdr v4 combination working?
Q2 - Has anybody a good tutorials or hints/tips/advice on how to make the rtl-sdr v4 to work with GNU Radio?
Q3 - Has anybody a good tutorials or hints/tips/advice on how to make the rtl-sdr v4 to work with Pothos Flow?
Q4 - I am new to SDR and got the experience most SDR forums rarely responding!? What is the most active forum to get help from the community?

stacker_nl

notice: The following applications for FM radio (no DAB+) with the RTL SDR blog V4
SDR# works out of the box
SDR++ works after replacing the mandatory driver dll and installing SDRplay API
CubicSDR works out of the box

rabbit108

I recently got a rtl sdr v4 and like to use it for a DAB+ project, so I wish to use it with GNU Radio and/or Pothos Flow
but unfortunately in both applications the soapy block failed to connect with the sdr dongle.
Hello, stacker_nl; welcome to the forum
Q1 - Has any body got this rtl sdr v4 combination working?.
Here is a video using that combination:

Q2 - Has anybody a good tutorials or hints/tips/advice on how to make the rtl-sdr v4 to work with GNU Radio?
See also:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gnu+radio

Q3 - Has anybody a good tutorials or hints/tips/advice on how to make the rtl-sdr v4 to work with Pothos Flow?
Not that I know of, but dr1394 is a GNU radio expert. A post where I mention his work is here.
His original post is here. GNU example is here.
Q4 - I am new to SDR and got the experience most SDR forums rarely responding!? What is the most active forum to get help from the community?
This forum is a good place to start, but most of us have the RTL-SDR.COM V3; only a few have the V4. There have been many views of your thread, but nobody will answer unless they have something useful to say.

ctn008ca

From what you mentioned, it looks like you are running GNU Radio from Windows. I just got rtl sdr v4 worked on GNR Radio in Windows without any issue (just copy .dll file to the specific folder as instructed). However, I didn't use soapy blocks, but rtl-sdr block from osmocom as seen in picture below. Also be noted I installed GNU Radio via CondaInstall that automatically install the osmosdr library.

Hope this may help.

1705207363648.png