DPD Traffic Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfab

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

What is the best TG to hear the DPD traffic units on? I thought I heard somewhere that all the traffic units in the city were on one district channel? Or am I wrong? Thanks!!

MikeyB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

What is the best TG to hear the DPD traffic units on? I thought I heard somewhere that all the traffic units in the city were on one district channel? Or am I wrong? Thanks!!

Somehow I think I recall hearing that they were on District 5? I'm sure somebody will chime in but aren't they the 800 series? Do they talk on the district channels for where they are - I thought I heard one of them going to an accident in district 4 on the district 4 channel?

Thayne

The highway cars are usually on Dist 5; but they also use groups like T.O.1 thru 4 for their exclusive use when doing speed control and stuff like that--I'm sure someone that knows more about it will chime in.

yotebuster

Premium Subscriber
Have a friend in the DUI/DRE Unit and he told me they usually stay on the main dispatch channel for the district they are roaming or working in. If they are working a detail then they will use their Traffic Ops channels. It is correct that the traffic units are 800s so you just have to listen very close to what channels they are asked to go to and switch accordingly.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Traffic units are responsible to a district for accidents or DUIs. When I worked there, the 800s were accident or DUI and the 700s were highway and motorcycles. They also assigned everyone a 700 number for special events.

Status
Not open for further replies.