DPD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para078

Been listening to the activity on DPD ch 12. They've had a stuck mike the last 20 minutes. Apparently they dont have the time out timer activated on their radios.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, that's fairly common here. Dallas Fire Rescue also has a large "share" of suck or open mikes.

Para078

I thought the officer may have been in trouble. You could hear what sounded like a DTMF tone at times

Harold

Premium Subscriber
There was a dialogue on Ch. 12 some officers decided it was intentional interference. Someone was also playing music on various DPD channels. They have switched to an "alternate" channel.

dmh77yy

I also heard the DTMF and music on DPD Ch. 12 during the riots Friday and Saturday. While stuck mics are common I have never heard DTMF after years of listening to DPD. I strongly suspect it was purposely being interfered with.
Now that DPS has almost 700 troopers in Dallas area I've heard a lot more P25 VHF simplex and repeater traffic, some in the clear but a lot encrypted. I've also heard them use 2 talk groups on the NTCOG system.

n5ims

There were several calls on the local ham repeaters from Dallas REACT and CERT team members asking for volunteers to help try and track down the interference on the DPD channels. It is unknown if these originated with an official request for assistance or were just team members taking it upon themselves to try and help. I suspect even if they were able to trace the interference down to a small area, it wouldn't have helped much since there would've been hundreds of people in that area and impossible to find the one or two idiots with the baofeng.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
I think at this point we should stop talking about where we hear communications regarding the protests, as I have seen that rioters and those who feel the need to incite violence are watching the forums very closely to figure out what their next move will be. To protect first reponders and our hobby, I think any info we collect should be kept to ourselves or communicated in private for the time being. I apologize if this is a sensitive issue for some, but it's getting hairy out there

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I think at this point we should stop talking about where we hear communications regarding the protests, as I have seen that rioters and those who feel the need to incite violence are watching the forums very closely to figure out what their next move will be. To protect first reponders and our hobby, I think any info we collect should be kept to ourselves or communicated in private for the time being. I apologize if this is a sensitive issue for some, but it's getting hairy out there
I would agree.

Over in Arlington, the PD had been monitoring social media and saw indications that a group was planning to go to the Parks Mall area & loot some of the stores. Of course, Arlington is fully encrypted. Dallas is not, so we need to be mindful certain parties (not the 'true' protesters) are opportunists looking for something to destroy or steal. Arlington sent officers tp the area, but there was some loting in a shopping area near the mall, as well as at the Walmart near AT&T Stadium.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
The more we can protect our hobby from those with malicious intent, the longer it stays around. Their are some other things we could do aswell, but I feel like posting them here would be frowned upon by some.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I concur, just tonight I saw a story that someone started broadcasting music and profanities over Chicago PD's analog frequencies, clearly disrupting officer communication. In looking at the RRDB it was obvious that Chicago is moving to a P25 system, but its not beyond testing phase yet. But garbage like that will unfortunately push agencies to make those of us who play by the rules not able to enjoy listening anymore all for the sake of a few bad apples.

reedeb

There were several calls on the local ham repeaters from Dallas REACT and CERT team members asking for volunteers to help try and track down the interference on the DPD channels. It is unknown if these originated with an official request for assistance or were just team members taking it upon themselves to try and help. I suspect even if they were able to trace the interference down to a small area, it wouldn't have helped much since there would've been hundreds of people in that area and impossible to find the one or two idiots with the baofeng.
HOW do you know it was a Baofeng? I know of other dual band radios that can transmit on those frequencies. I guess after the jamming PD moved to another spectrum.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
HOW do you know it was a Baofeng? I know of other dual band radios that can transmit on those frequencies. I guess after the jamming PD moved to another spectrum.
Baofengs are one of the most commonly availible cheap radios that can transmit on frequencies that the user is not authorized for, but it could be a retevis, TYT, Pofung, or one of the thousands of other chinese cheapo's

reedeb

Baofengs are one of the most commonly availible cheap radios that can transmit on frequencies that the user is not authorized for, but it could be a retevis, TYT, Pofung, or one of the thousands of other chinese cheapo's
That be like saying that someone being chased by the cops had to be driving a high performance sports car when in reality they were in an el cheapo junker.

TexTAC

Dallas Police have been using the Dallas City Local Government trunking system for the protests since middle of last week. Mostly Talk group 23040 Incident Command Lima. They switched from DPD 12 in the middle of the week.

KVL3000

Premium Subscriber
Dallas Police have been using the Dallas City Local Government trunking system for the protests since middle of last week. Mostly Talk group 23040 Incident Command Lima. They switched from DPD 12 in the middle of the week.
Tex, I'd like to quote this earlier message, just as a heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.