DSDPlus DSD+ Fast Lane Bug Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

xPotential

Premium Subscriber
Due to the way DSD+ handles sizing of the various windows, if the Windows FancyZones PowerToy in Windows 10 Pro is used, DSD+ will crash or fail to start. I'm using the latest versions of everything involved. I realize that DSD+ has its own system for remembering window sizes and locations but when Microsoft provides a very nice and easy to use windows management system in the form of the FancyZones PowerToy, it is extremely unfortunate and a bit inconvenient for DSD+ to be incompatible.

The error it produces can be found below. If the bin containing previous settings is removed (or a fresh copy of DSD+ is used) the error is slightly different, not sure if this is simply due to the prompt to turn on/off auto-update or if it is a conflict with default sizes (as opposed to a conflict with sizes saved in the bin on last close).

---------------------------
Error

VC DSD+ 2.268

Unrecoverable error encountered:

Exception number = 0xC0000005 (Access Violation)
Instruction address = 0x460979
Thread = #5
Action: Read of address 0x24B5F000 (615903232)

Register dump:
DS: 0000002B CS: 00000023 IP: 00460979 EAX: 0004A353
ES: 0000002B SS: 0000002B SP: 2482FDB8 EBX: 00046752
FS: 00000053 Fl: 00010202 EBP: 2482FDC4 ECX: 24B5F000
GS: 0000002B ESI: 24B5F000 EDI: 24B4F000 EDX: 00000000

Press Ctrl-C to copy this text to the clipboard
OK

xPotential

Premium Subscriber
Maybe you should send the report to dsdplusfastlane@gmail.com ?

The email they send providing the Fast Lane download/password notes that they are unable to respond to everyone via direct email and they suggest using the forums on radioreference.com for any questions/support instead, that way the entire community is able to get in on the discussion in case anyone else might benefit from it.

But, yes, I did actually email them as well.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The email they send providing the Fast Lane download/password notes that they are unable to respond to everyone via direct email and they suggest using the forums on radioreference.com for any questions/support instead, that way the entire community is able to get in on the discussion in case anyone else might benefit from it.

Oh ok. I had no idea that the author was such a social butterfly. I hadn't seen that in the notes file (haven't read it since 2016 LOL).

But, yes, I did actually email them as well.

Good deal

Mike

a417

Same here.

dsdfastlane folks said:
...to 10, effectively locking out all calls. We will send you an updated
DSD+ version for you to test.

I believe that they are responsive to bugs that they want to, but prefer for the RR crowd to handle the "ERHMAGERD i CANOOOT MONITER THIS SYSTEM I WANT MY MONEY BACK CAUSE I HAVE TO UES VirtualAudioCABLE OR MY LAWN WILL DIE" type of posts.

I can't blame them for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.