DSDPlus DSD+ no sync and ERR3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDito

Hello Fellow decoder guys :)
I have made a setup with a msi.sdr (sdrplay clone) and SDR Console3.0.23b1893 , VirtualAudioCable43 and DSDPlus1.101pt
but i´m only able to decode 2-3 sec. of the stream then DSDPlus apparently gives me a "no sync" error. (se my log dump)
But now I have been fiddling around with volume, WFM@12kHz and different VAC´s software packs and sample/bitrates
but to no avail, still same 2-3 sec of successful audio decoding.
(those optimized options are given to me with DSDTune, but still no luck with or without, DSDTune options...)
(also SDRUno, tested but same problem)
(my signal is very pure from my own hotspot and also a local DMR+ repeater, but same problem)

Best Regards From RadioDito in Denmark

Attachments

• consol dump.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 5

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I gave up and went to FMP24 to connect, also make sure no audio filters are enabled in SDRConsole

RadioDito

I gave up and went to FMP24 to connect, also make sure no audio filters are enabled in SDRConsole
I'll try the fmpp in the fastlane version, fmp24 is only for rtl.sdr not my sdrplay clone (msi.sdr)
Thanks for your response.

RadioDito

DSD is junk. Switch to SDRTrunk.
Thanks for reply, it looks nice, but I see that it does not support the msi.sdr (sdrplay) dame it 😊 think I'll buy a rtl.sdr it is just that the performance on those is not as good as the others, as I understand it.

air-scan

Multipath in a urban zone can cause decoding errors no matter how tight your ppm correction is set and how well gain is set in a RF dense area with tall buildings. It can fool one to think DSD+ FL is garbage. Multipath is a radio's enemy. Not the same as simulcast distortion.
DSD is junk. Switch to SDRTrunk.

RadioDito

Well... I got DSDPlus fastlane up and working with my SDRPlay chipset and SDRTrunk will not support SDRPlay so, the junk discussion stops for me there. I'm sure that both packages is build by good guys, whom know some stuff about some stuff. For me DSDPlus wins, but if I some day get a cheap RTL.SDR then I will give SDRTrunk a test run, but the SDRPlay hardware is better than rtl.sdr, but there is a hell of a broad software support for rtl.sdr both SDRTrunk and DSDPlus supports rtl.sdr. Thanks for now.

air-scan

Well... I got DSDPlus fastlane up and working with my SDRPlay chipset and SDRTrunk will not support SDRPlay so, the junk discussion stops for me there. I'm sure that both packages is build by good guys, whom know some stuff about some stuff. For me DSDPlus wins, but if I some day get a cheap RTL.SDR then I will give SDRTrunk a test run, but the SDRPlay hardware is better than rtl.sdr, but there is a hell of a broad software support for rtl.sdr both SDRTrunk and DSDPlus supports rtl.sdr. Thanks for now.
Airspy mini is works.

Status
Not open for further replies.