DSDPlus DSD P25p2 decode quality

K1YNE

Having trouble getting DSD+ FL to decode p2 good. It sounds like its underwater at best and garbled often. p1 audio sounds great! The PC running it is idling with FMP24 and DSD consuming about 1.5% cpu according to task manager. DSD is in 1R mode
Im including some audio files for comparison of P2 and P1 audio.
Any ideas on improving it?

Attachments

• Dogwater.zip
    61.6 KB · Views: 10

dachs494

Is this on the Washington State DOT system? Washington Department of Transportation (P25) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State

I have the same exact issues with the audio on the WSDOT P25P2 system, and it is only on that system. All other systems (both Phase 1 and Phase 2) sound good. This is why I have stopped using DSDPlus to listen to WSDOT and use it for logging purposes only - typically cannot understand a thing anyone is saying.

Maybe it's worth mentioning to the DSDPlus developer?

K1YNE

Is this on the Washington State DOT system? Washington Department of Transportation (P25) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State

I have the same exact issues with the audio on the WSDOT P25P2 system, and it is only on that system. All other systems (both Phase 1 and Phase 2) sound good. This is why I have stopped using DSDPlus to listen to WSDOT and use it for logging purposes only - typically cannot understand a thing anyone is saying.

Maybe it's worth mentioning to the DSDPlus developer?
Indeed it is the WSDOT system. Thats interesting to hear. I wonder why that is? AFAIK its just a Harris P25p2 system of which there are many out and about so I wonder why the difference.
Thanks for replying, at least I know it isnt my setup now.

CanesFan95

Analog already is interoperable.
What types of dongle(s) are you using and have you tried experimenting with PPM and advanced decoder options?

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed here in Utah as they are testing the system getting ready for launch that the audio isn't as clear as other digital formats and the Harris phase 2 thats coming i keep adjusting the bandwidth and gain to try to get better audio but it still sounds awful. not always as clear as I'd like..