DSD PLUS Fastlane Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
Good Evening,

Im having some problems with DSD plus Fastlane. I'm using one RTL SDR to try an monitor a system. I'm new to the whole Software defined radio. When i open FMPA24.CC i get RTL SDR #1 in use however i never used it before. Also I have error code 10006 on DSD fastlane program. Any help would be appreciated

slicerwizard

When i open FMPA24.CC i get RTL SDR #1 in use however i never used it before.
I assume you mean FMP24-CC.bat

I think this happens when Zadig isn't used properly to set up the USB driver for the dongle.

I would try running the FMP24-VC.bat file and see if it finds the dongle (as RTL SDR #2); if it does, then yes, you have a driver issue.

Also I have error code 10006 on DSD fastlane program. Any help would be appreciated
I assume you mean TCP error 10061. DSD+ is trying to talk to FMP24, but FMP24 can't find the dongle.

morfis

When i open FMPA24.CC i get RTL SDR #1 in use however i never used it before.

Something already has control of the rtl device - probably Windows as it does it's best to detect things you attach via USB. It doesn't know that what you have attached isn't being used as a DVB TV tuner.

zadig is a USB driver installer and can be downloaded from Zadig - USB driver installation made easy (no installation is necessary, just extract it to your DSD directory)
There are numerous tutorials and videos around about using zadig to change the driver - use your favourite web-crawler to find one or have a look at this page:

Scroll down to Point 6 Plug in your dongle
Then follow the instructions through to and including Point 11 Click Replace Driver

(ignore the references to sdrsharp, though should you decide you want to look at that the page will help you install that too)

You will now have a driver suitable for the rtl device use with sdr software such as DSD, sdrsharp, sdrconsole, and many other signal decoders

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I’ll have to play around. Does anyone know if there are books about DSD at places like Barnes and Nobles?

morfis

No idea if it's any good but there was a 'kindle' book advertised on the rtl-sdr.com site:
"The Hobbyist's Guide to the RTL-SDR: Really Cheap Software Defined Radio"

The person who has the Radio for Everyone website has also written a book but again I have no knowledge of the content.

Like most people I just learned about it all as I went along (I find that far easier than books, goontube etc.)

DRL-XM43

No idea if it's any good but there was a 'kindle' book advertised on the rtl-sdr.com site:
"The Hobbyist's Guide to the RTL-SDR: Really Cheap Software Defined Radio"

The person who has the Radio for Everyone website has also written a book but again I have no knowledge of the content.

Like most people I just learned about it all as I went along (I find that far easier than books, goontube etc.)

The development of the software is so rapid things become obsolete overnight.

morfis

The development of the software is so rapid things become obsolete overnight.

Not sure I'd necessarily agree with that. The basics of getting and setting up an rtl device for use as an sdr are still largely the same so I would think the above would still be relevant for someone starting out and wanting a 'book' as a guide.

Wouldn't be my choice but that isn't what the OP asked about.

Status
Not open for further replies.