Dstar and YSF one hotspot

KF0AWL

Hobo
I couldn't find a answer that seemed to fit my situation so I'll ask it.
I have a YSF currently on my mmdvm hotspot and I just received a Dstar handy.
Is it possible to run both Fusion and Dstar from the same hotspot (not at same time) or do I need to setup a separate hotspot for each radio?
I have a second spot also but if possible I would like to set one for the house and one for the vehicle if possible.
If I can do the two on one can someone point me to some instructions?

AC5A

Does your mmdvm allow the setting up of multiple profiles? If so, then that would be the answer.

Only an OpenSpot4 Pro will allow for cross-mode. ex. Using a DStar radio to talk on DMR, YSF, NXDN and P25.

SA4MDN

i use a zumspot for d-star and ysf, so yes you can if using as i do with pi-star, set the d-star radio up with the hotspot/set the ysf radio up with the hotspot/ both on the same hotspot frequency/ check the d-star and ysf option in the pi-star software and it scans between each untill 1 untill one pipes up and will stop, when the signal drops or someone takes to long to answer it will start scanning again, or only check the mode you want to use at the time

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
I am not familiar with that particular hotspot but i think most allow for multiple profiles so yes itmwould be possible to use a single hotspot with multiple digital modes. Personnaly i prefer to run 1 hotspot per mode so i can monitor all modes at the same time.

KF0AWL

Hobo
I am not familiar with that particular hotspot but i think most allow for multiple profiles so yes itmwould be possible to use a single hotspot with multiple digital modes. Personnaly i prefer to run 1 hotspot per mode so i can monitor all modes at the same time.
Yup I got it running Dstar and fusion 😁
I have two, I plan on having one in vehicle and one at home since I don't spend a lot of time on either.
Now if I could get the second one out of the initializing loop I would be happy as a clam

kk6rq

Yup I got it running Dstar and fusion 😁
I have two, I plan on having one in vehicle and one at home since I don't spend a lot of time on either.
Now if I could get the second one out of the initializing loop I would be happy as a clam
Set different ESSIDs. (The 2-digit extension to the DMR ID).

hummingbird88

I couldn't find a answer that seemed to fit my situation so I'll ask it.
I have a YSF currently on my mmdvm hotspot and I just received a Dstar handy.
Is it possible to run both Fusion and Dstar from the same hotspot (not at same time) or do I need to setup a separate hotspot for each radio?
I have a second spot also but if possible I would like to set one for the house and one for the vehicle if possible.
If I can do the two on one can someone point me to some instructions?
Hi, apologies for out of situation question, can u please provide dstar and yaesu recordings i want to run them on dsd fme.