• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Dual radio xtl2500

Chesky

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible to do a dual setup with a xtl2500 uhf 450-520 brick and the 800-900 brick frequency on the same control head? And if so how?

W3AXL

RF Engineer
Premium Subscriber
You'd need XTL5000s with the dual-radio flash option and a W3 control head, but then what you're trying to do would be possible.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Like said above you need XTL5000s with the correct flash. The 2 in the pic were XTL1500s and converted to 5000s and the correct flash code
You need a W3 head. its not the best but it works.
I agree with the XG-100M, thats going to be my next thing to try, the Harris hand held head with the XG-100M is a nice set up

Attachments

• IMG_2040.JPG
    IMG_2040.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 35

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
O7 is not a valid control head for the XTL platform.
For options needed for this project or correct operation of the APX you are correct, But I have seen O7 & O9 heads working on XTL5000s and for a hobby radio looks like it could be fun to use

Last edited:

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Its not where. Its a how to "Depot" the radio with certain software. even with adding the flash you need cables that motorola doesnt sale so you would have to make.

More of a PIA than its worth.

Chesky

Premium Subscriber
Its not where. Its a how to "Depot" the radio with certain software. even with adding the flash you need cables that motorola doesnt sale so you would have to make.

I probably wouldn’t understand so I’m just going to keep it a 2500

AES-256-Encryption

Based in the US, always nationwide

What cable are you referring? the rear pin connector or the front pin connector(s)

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider

You can dual deck XTL5000's (properly featured) to a single W3 head, with a $6 serial cable. Please help me understand - I am uncertain what "cables that motorola doesn't sale" one would need to dual deck.