DUI Checkpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Hi All. The State Police have set up a DUI check point about 1/2 mile from my house, Perry Hall. Route 1 (Belair Road) Northbound at the Gunpowder Falls across from the Gunpowder Lodge Restaurant.( at least I assume it's the State Police).

Assuming it is the MD State Police, what would be the best frequency/channel to listen to that operation ?

Would it be be a special Tac channel for such an operation, or the Frequency of the closest Barracks, which is "R" Golden Ring ?

They wre there last night and it appears they will be there again tonight so I thought it may make for some interseting listening.

Thanks.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Likely Golden Ring if anything- if they're all within earshot of eachother there's likely very little need for tactical radio, and they're probably doing most of their MVA/NCIC runs through CAPWIN on the computers... so you very well may hear nothing except "R-##, Golden Ring, myself and R-## will be on a traffic detail at X address until Y time." and then silence until end of detail (and a lot of that stuff can even be done over the computer too). One thing I have noticed heavily with MSP on their current nets (disregarding Barrack M on the 700mHz system) is that they restrict radio use as much as possible, either for brevity or security.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
dpcain,

Thanks for the info. I guess it's mostly a lot of MVA checks for Registrartions and D/Licenses.

But I was hoping for some more interesting......

Oddly enough, they never did set up an actual check-point in spite of the sign on the roadway.

Maybe just a scare tactic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.