E&R towing question

Chicago2210

Good Evening, I got a whistler TRX 1 and programmed the NXDN digitalk system in it, so far the only active talk groups are the ambulence talk groups and the occasional talk groups with the Union Pacific Police. I have only occasionally heard the talk groups affiliated with E&R? Did they move somewhere ells? Are they now dispatched via cell phones? Thanks

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Good Evening, I got a whistler TRX 1 and programmed the NXDN digitalk system in it, so far the only active talk groups are the ambulence talk groups and the occasional talk groups with the Union Pacific Police. I have only occasionally heard the talk groups affiliated with E&R? Did they move somewhere ells? Are they now dispatched via cell phones? Thanks
Still there, heard them today..

Chicago2210

Today...3 of 4 listed were in use. I've heard activity on all 4 at one time or another, so program them all in.
During a protest a couple days ago I heard a beat cop order up an immediate tow for a U-Haul truck involved in looting. When I scanned the E&R Talk Groups I didn't here a peep. Unless they needed a heavy wrecker truck and E&R doesn't have one?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
During a protest a couple days ago I heard a beat cop order up an immediate tow for a U-Haul truck involved in looting. When I scanned the E&R Talk Groups I didn't here a peep. Unless they needed a heavy wrecker truck and E&R doesn't have one?
I'm not sure, but I know the TRX scanners don't trunk track NXDN systems so following a specific talkgroup(s) on this system isn't foolproof. They're still active on the system.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
They only track the voice channels om those systems not the control channels
Correct, so not very dependable on monitoring a specific talk group, especially on this one since it has many active subscribers. You're hoping as it scans the frequencies it comes around to the talk group(s). I just heard E & R again this morning, being dispatched to an "immediate tow" request from CPD.

Chicago2210

I'm not sure, but I know the TRX scanners don't trunk track NXDN systems so following a specific talkgroup(s) on this system isn't foolproof. They're still active on the system.
Been hearing one of the E&R Talk Groups used during the overnight winter parking ban, @03:05 T-2 calls what I suspect are S&S supervisors on 453.775 to tell the to start patrolling there routes and how many trucks they are getting on the routes. Not sure if the S&S supervisors have the digia-talk radios as it sounds like you can here them talking to the E&R trucks telling them areas where cars are parked and what kind they are and weather or not they need a flat bed.

Chicago2210

Saw an E&R truck downtown today and saw what looked like radio in the truck, do the Diga-Talk LTE radios look like regular ones? Thanks

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
It would be safe to assume after the "Dec.1st overnight towing ban in effect", that they're on another system, or have migrated to the Diga-Talk+ system. I was up early this morning, and it was silent when it's normally very active for this event.