EAS Alerting

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexjusti

I'm looking to add a way to receive EAS alerts for my county and a few surrounding ones and then distribute them to a defined list of people. Is there a way of doing this apart from using ComTekk's EAS software? I'd like to be able to select individual counties and warning types. It looks as though IPAWS is the answer to this but I'm unsure of how it works as we don't have a need to originate alerts.

WR9A

Feed Provider
I'm looking to add a way to receive EAS alerts for my county and a few surrounding ones and then distribute them to a defined list of people. Is there a way of doing this apart from using ComTekk's EAS software? I'd like to be able to select individual counties and warning types. It looks as though IPAWS is the answer to this but I'm unsure of how it works as we don't have a need to originate alerts.
I've used Weather Message for years. It is quite configurable, very robust, and affordable. It can be found at www.weathermessage.com

ScannerSK

www.weathermessage.com is not working presently. Possibly the site is down or the web address is incorrect?

If you are looking for your own personal decoder, there are some other additional decoding platforms that may or may not do what you are looking for:
[email]multipsk@groups.io[/email] | New release of MULTIPSK (4.45.2) (program called MultiPSK)

Shawn

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Maybe use a standard weather radio and feed its audio out to a PC or smartphone running Zello... then set up a Zello channel just for the people you want to receive the alerts?

ScannerSK

Maybe use a standard weather radio and feed its audio out to a PC or smartphone running Zello... then set up a Zello channel just for the people you want to receive the alerts?

Zello is a great idea! Zello has sound activation capabilities and people can monitor through a computer or cellphone. I use Zello to monitor firecalls for my area through my cellphone when away from the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.