Not open for further replies.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
My 536HP shows NetID 12 and SiteID 2.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I was just able to barely receive the Beekman control channel with a 536HP. The scanner is showing that site as NetID 12, SiteID 5, CC 5. DSD+ shows it as NetID 13, SiteID 6, CC 5.

@pro92b I was posting this while your post popped up, so we have essentially the same results for two sites using the same model scanner.

The thing that makes me question the accuracy of DSD+ is the Color Code. Generally speaking, you'll find that most DMR systems match the CC up to the SiteID. Obviously there are exceptions such as the OneVoice system, but it holds true often enough for me to have some doubt.

nozzlenut83

It seems that I spoke too soon in my last post. The 325P2 does not track the East Mountain Tier 3 system very well, if at all. I now recall trying the LCN I suggested earlier in an effort to get it working several months ago, but it never really worked either way. Since there wasn't much interesting on the system I just abandoned the idea.

Over the past several days the 325P2 has been mostly silent while monitoring the East Mountain system. Running a 536HP next to it, the 536HP is picking up a lot of transmissions while the 325P2 sits there quiet.

My 325 Firmware is 1.08.01 and the 536 that I was using was 1.26.00

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
It seems that I spoke too soon in my last post. The 325P2 does not track the East Mountain Tier 3 system very well, if at all. I now recall trying the LCN I suggested earlier in an effort to get it working several months ago, but it never really worked either way. Since there wasn't much interesting on the system I just abandoned the idea.

Over the past several days the 325P2 has been mostly silent while monitoring the East Mountain system. Running a 536HP next to it, the 536HP is picking up a lot of transmissions while the 325P2 sits there quiet.

My 325 Firmware is 1.08.01 and the 536 that I was using was 1.26.00

Maybe try and program it in the 325P2 as a one freq trunked? There was another post I came across in the uniden forum to set the LCNs to zero. I'm going to try that on my end and see if I pick up anything.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Seems that the P2 models do not like TIII systems.

You could certainly throw the frequencies into a OFT DMR system and it would basically act like a GRE/Whistler scanner, in that it would "dumb" scan the frequencies looking for activity. Probably works fine on a relatively slow system.

I'd be interested in seeing what happens if the LCN's are all set to 0. I suspect it will not work, as a TIII system does not broadcast the actual frequencies of the voice channels, and so the scanner would have no way of knowing which frequency to tune to when a channel grant comes over the control channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.