ProScan: Easy to Learn/Use?

I have been using ARC536 to manually program my SDS100.
The reason I went with ARC536 is because I have used ARC300 to program my Radioshack Pro-164,
so I am used to the UI and programming within ARC.

But I was just curious if Proscan is just as easy to learn/use as the ARC software was for me?

Last edited:
There is a 30 day free trial period. Cost is $50 for lifetime, but also includes the ability to stream a feed, your own Web Server, or Remote Scanner over IP
Tried it out for about ten minutes...wasn't for me.
I just could not get used to the UI in proscan. To me personally, it was more confusing and cluttered compared to ARC.
Looks like I will be sticking with ARC, since as I previously mentioned, I am more familiar with.

That's what makes this scanning hobby great, you have a wide variety of software to choose from.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Will give it more of a shake tomorrow before I head off to work.

Just think..... if you were using ProScan, you could set it up and run the web server feature, and you could watch, listen to, and control your scanner from your cell phone while you are at work...... or anywhere else!

Just think..... if you were using ProScan, you could set it up and run the web server feature, and you could watch, listen to, and control your scanner from your cell phone while you are at work...... or
That is not big on my "must haves".
For me personally, usability is higher up on the priority list.
What is the point of buying a piece of software if I cannot learn how to use it ;)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That is not big on my "must haves".
For me personally, usability is higher up on the priority list.
What is the point of buying a piece of software if I cannot learn how to use it ;)
Usability is the #1 objective.
What are you having trouble with? Programming the scanner, getting the display and logging to work, or something else?

Usability is the #1 objective.
What are you having trouble with? Programming the scanner, getting the display and logging to work, or something else?
I couldn't figure out how to download from the scanner and how to program it.
But like I said, I did not give it a fair shake, as I had to go to work.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I couldn't figure out how to download from the scanner and how to program it.
But like I said, I did not give it a fair shake, as I had to go to work.
Very basic steps.
1. Put the scanner in Mass Storage mode
2. In the Scanner Type menu, select SDS100
3. Click the 'Favorites Editor' box located in the upper left corner (shown in the image below)
4. In the Favorites Editor window, click on File then New then select a folder or create a New folder then click the OK button
5. Click the Scanner Read menu item

Untitled.png

Very basic steps.
1. Put the scanner in Mass Storage mode
2. In the Scanner Type menu, select SDS100
3. Click the 'Favorites Editor' box located in the upper left corner (shown in the image below)
4. In the Favorites Editor window, click on File then New then select a folder or create a New folder then click the OK button
5. Click the Scanner Read menu item

View attachment 169026
Thanks for the help. I am now officially sold on proscan.
Once I learned how to do the above, I managed to figure out how to manually program frequencies in.
I like the real time display which you can interact with the on screen keypad, very convenient.
Proscan isn't really intimidating as it looks.
Only thing that remains for me to do is to get a premium subscription so I can import from the RR database.

epka_pol

Feed Provider
What do you mean by 'client' A client that can program the scanner or shows the scanner display/keypad and can control the scanner similar to the RSOIP client?
something like the "free client" you have for windows OS, with basic options to see and control the scanner with a nice GUI interface.