EDACS newbie needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa2zdy

Hi y'all, I confess I've never messed with trunking systems before. In NJ, the NJSP were no fun. MV stops get old after a while. So moving to Pasco County is a new experience for my scanning ways.

I've programmed my Pro 2067 with the Pasco system as it's listed here in the RR database using Win 92. All the talkgroups have alpha tags and I've double checked that the frequencies are entered in correct logical channel order.

I only get bits and pieces of stuff and when I do get something in the clear it's usually only one half - either the mobile or the dispatcher. And the alpha tags sometimes come up (fire west is consistent,) sometimes the TG number and sometimes no alpha tag at all.

Do I have something misprogrammed, is this just me not getting enough signal from the sites (I have a whip inside the house for now off SR54 in Wesley Chapel,) or is this system wierd? Oh yes, should I have the delay "on" for each frequency?

Obviously something here isn't right.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks much,

Chris

wa2zdy AT yahoo DOT com

northzone

Premium Subscriber
wa2zdy said:
I've double checked that the frequencies are entered in correct logical channel order.

Chris.. one common mistake, did you start entering the channels at channel 00 instead of 01. The first channel must be in the channel 1 slot. Also, double check you have selected the right trunking type (EDACS)

wa2zdy

Thanks to both of you folks for answering. Yep, all is in order according to your posts. I'm also noticing now that I'm minding it closely, a lot of talkgroups don't make sense. For example I'm hearing MV stops on fire TGs.

I'll keep plugging away.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.