TRX-1: EDACS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab8sf

We had thunderstorms in our area, and there were a lot of power outages. I decided to listen to our power company to see what they were up to as far as restoring power. I entered a couple of the local sites, talk groups, etc. into the software and uploaded it, No joy. I decided to try the RRLibrary download/upload method. Everything looks good, still no reception.

The system in question uses EDACS with almost exclusively analog voice. I can hear the system OK on the venerable BC-796, and I did connect the TRX-1 to the same antenna feeding the 796. The control channel was strong. I can monitor our local Central Dispatch Provoice system just fine (with DSD+ of course) using the TRX-1. I am unable to see any differences in the way the two systems are configured in my software.

Any ideas?

vocoder

Strange
I was having the same thing with our power co edacs here in IN during the storms yest on trx!
Trx seems to be touchy with edacs overall. I keep trying various settings-no luck

jim202

You are aware that the EDACS trunking systems are end of life. They are slowly being replaced by new P25 trunking systems for the most part.

Not saying that is what happened with the storm that went through, but these systems are running on borrowed time. Most of the systems that I have had any knowledge of have already been replaced.

vocoder

Yes
I am aware edacs is a dino, but they just will not give it up.
CC is humming away still and they are on the air again.
Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Just looking at ideas... it is THIS system?

Did you import/load one or a couple of local sites or all sites into your configuration?
I think it's this system:
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1579

That shows to be in the OP's county.
I also see that the site in Allegan County has LCN's that show to be LCN 8 through LCN 12. As Troy noted, did you manually enter the sites, as opposed to adding it via import from the database? If so, did you just use the default LCN's, starting at 01?

ab8sf

Oops - I was assuming based on Jim's location vs. ab's.... still, would be interesting to know which system and sites are programmed and not working.

None of them were working. That is until I unchecked the EDACS Digital option that I needed to use for our local Provoice system to feed to DSD+. I am familiar with the need to be cautious about the proper LCNs. Years ago I had to figure that out when I programmed my 796.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.