EDACS/Provoice scanner for Oahu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mytoyz

Aloha, I'm new to this forum but read a few forms about Oahu not able to listen to our local HPD and HFD. Last post seemed to be a couple years back and was wondering if any scanners came out recently that can monitor provoice now...? Any info would help!! Thanks!!

Mytoyz

You can monitor Provoice with DSD.

I don't think we will ever see a scanner which decodes Provoice on its own.

Mahalo W8RMH :) I will look into that!! I'm completely new to the radio world so looks like I have a lot to study lol thanks again!! Aloha!!

GM

Premium Subscriber
Or if you have the $$ for it, you can search eBay for a used Jaguar 700P EDACS radio and purchase one that has Option 29 (ProVoice digital mode) and have it programmed in "Receive Mode ONLY" for that system you want to listen to. They are pricey (around $1000.00), but worth it if you want to monitor that system on a regular basis and have the $$ to spend.

DG_ENC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Or if you have the $$ for it, you can search eBay for a used Jaguar 700P EDACS radio and purchase one that has Option 29 (ProVoice digital mode) and have it programmed in "Receive Mode ONLY" for that system you want to listen to. They are pricey (around $1000.00), but worth it if you want to monitor that system on a regular basis and have the $$ to spend.

Where do you get one of these radios programmed at?

GM

Premium Subscriber
Not 100% true. If it is a Motorola trunking radio, then yes it would be a brick. If it's an EDACS trunking radio, then no. There is a way to have it programmed for receive only and not associate to transmit, (as I have one) and it's not a brick. In fact, I just heard another ProVoice trunked transmission come across my Jaguar 700P... :)

Now if the system has the ESK option, then that's another ball game from what I have researched...

puzzleriddle

an also if ya do some research EDACS wil be completely gone in few years.. will start at end of 2012 . but they will provide tech asssistance for few more year, Ithink was thu 205.. and also don't be in a hurry because most Harris EDACS are going P25 ENCRYPTED near 100 %. Meeanwhileuse DSD - linux or DSD 4 Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.