Edit HD video

Status
Not open for further replies.

xusmarine1979

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good HD video editor for home videos. The one that comes with Windows works great and all, but converts it to SD, I want HD/Blue Ray... I've searched for some free stuff but I'm just not impressed. I'd be greatful for any help.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I use Avid Studio. I also have Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0 since it came w/my video camera. They are similar in operation, but I prefer Avid.

xusmarine1979

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will actually stand corrected. After playing with it for a while, Windows Movie Maker does allow HD. After buying my camera, I just wanted a "user friendly" editor. And Microsoft has thought ahead...

SCPD

QRT
I use adobe premiere elements 10, and I bought it in the duo pack with photoshop elements. When looking at the differences between full photoshop and elements, unless your a pro theres no real reason to get the full photoshop in my eyes..and the price difference is huge!. I picked mine up for $120 ish. Its user friendly, but like any software theres bit a learning curve. Just make sure that your computer is up to par before buying, theres a lot of certain requirements that it needs to meet to work with HD. And try out the 30 trial, you can find it on adobe.com

xusmarine1979

I use adobe premiere elements 10, and I bought it in the duo pack with photoshop elements. When looking at the differences between full photoshop and elements, unless your a pro theres no real reason to get the full photoshop in my eyes..and the price difference is huge!. I picked mine up for $120 ish. Its user friendly, but like any software theres bit a learning curve. Just make sure that your computer is up to par before buying, theres a lot of certain requirements that it needs to meet to work with HD. And try out the 30 trial, you can find it on adobe.com

I've tried a few different ones, and they were all a bit tricky to operate. Windows seemed to be the easiest, it doesn't seem to have all of the bells and whistles, but I think it will get the job done.

SCPD

QRT
When you say windows, do you mean Windows movie maker? Im pretty sure that movie maker doesnt touch HD video??

xusmarine1979

When you say windows, do you mean Windows movie maker? Im pretty sure that movie maker doesnt touch HD video??

Yup. I thought that at first as well. But it seemed to upload my 1080p videos just fine, but the problem I was having was when it saved, it was compressed to a horrible quality. So what I did was when I "publish", I click "this computer", then file name, then you choose the settings for your movie. Select "more settings", and it provides a list of different formats to save your video as. Including 720p and 1080p. It seems to work quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.