Elaine's Comvan Project:

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

Yes, sorry to say Patricia Elaine Gibbons WA6UBE passed away recently. She headed up the San Jose police radio shop for many years and retired not too long ago. She also was a major contributor to the military radio collecting groups, HF pack groups and amateur use of ALE.

The Yahoo group "Armyradios" and I think a few others were started by Elaine and its probably the largest gathering place on the planet for mil radio enthusiasts.

I had the opportunity to meet Elaine on numerous occasions and also talked with her over the years on amateur HF. I can't think of a more knowledgeable, dedicated and just all around wonderful woman to chat with about our hobby which is usually not enjoyed or understood by most women. Elaine will be sadly missed.
prcguy

I found out also she was a silent key. I looked her call up on QRZ and googled the local obituaries near her residence and found an article in a local ham radio club newsletter that she passed away a few months ago. She had a sudden heart attack in a coffee shop while eating with friends. I'm sorry i didn't save the link. but the newsletter should be easy to find.

Art/ K2ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.