Elizabeht Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisbatt

Anybody know why Elizabeth Police's ASB (EMS) is currently being dispatched on Elizabeth Fire's Channel Two?

Did EFD assume PD EMS dispatching? Or is that still PD EMS dispatchers I hear operating on EFD's Channel Two?

Is this temporary or permanent? Anybody know?

apu

Elizabeth PD ASB is history. As of today, they are the Elizabeth Fire Dept. EMS Division and will operate on EFD Ch. 2.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I heard fire and EMS ops on Channel two last night. I guess it's Elizabeth Fire and EMS from now on, Lets pray to god no EMT's lost there jobs !!

epdret

From my source: ASB responsibilities were shift over to EFD in early January. 911 ambulance calls are still received by EPD 911 dispatchers but FD now dispatches the rigs. EMS runs are now being counted as FD runs.

In March, EFD dispatchers will be moved to EPD facilities at 1 Police Plaza and that will become the central dispatching facility for PD/FD/EMS. About a year ago, all civilian PD & FD dispatchers as well as several uniformed PO's & FF's were moved to Fire HQ and cross-trained to receive & dispatch all calls for service. This was done because the dispatch center at EPD was being upgraded to prepared for this.

While I do like the idea of a central dispatch, it makes no sense to me to change a system that wasn't broken in the first place! During this 90 day transition period there seems to be a potential for problems developing. My hope is that the powers that be recognize this and keep a tight rein on the situation. Once all of the bugs are worked out, the new system might work out.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Also fwiw, they are now identifying as just 'Elizabeth Ambulance' when doing covers outside Elizabeth, as was the case on Friday night here in Roselle Park. Elizabeth 2 was on cover in town. Dunno why.

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
So what happens to the current EFD dispatch center at the new house at Irvington Avenue??? I was under the impression that was where EFD was doing there dispatching from. If they move everyone to PD HQ then I'm guessing the current dispatch area for the FD will go unused?

Status
Not open for further replies.