Elkhart City Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLJ061

Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Apparently Elkhart City has new freqs the Fire Dept operates on. I can hear the companies dispatched on their customary 154.430 frequency, but they appear to switch to a different frequency for their operations. Also in the case of structure fires, at the time of dispatch the companies are advised to switch to Ops 1, Ops 2, etc. but I can't find any reference to the freqs these channels are on.

Please email me at Jamie1770@aol.com with any help on this, as this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 

Viper43

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
3,272
Reaction score
9
Check Elkhart Co in the SAFET section of the database, they are now doing all ops on SAFET so you'll need a digital scanner to hear them or the Sheriff's Dept. Nappanee is also using SAFET

V
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
Viper is correct. In fact, enjoy listening to dispatches on the VHF frequency because it won't last long. The switch to being dispatched on 800 is coming soon and there is no way to monitor that.
 

timbo637

Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
The Elkhart FD is now on trunked channels 866.9750, 860.9625. We hear them on 858.9625, 866.3375 and 868.3500 also.
 

Viper43

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
3,272
Reaction score
9
try looking in the database, they, along with the PD and Sheriff's dept. are all listed with their TG's

V
 

thoth320

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Middlebury, IN
Can't get Fire

I get everything from Elkart City except Fire. Maint., PD, a few I haven't figured out yet but no Fire. Any ideas? I also have to use the LaGrange or Lake Station towers to get anything on SafeT, nothing comes in on the Elkhart Tower.
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
Make sure your control channels are programmed correctly. You will be able to hear all of Elkhart City's public safety comms on the Elkhart and South Bend towers (probably LaGrange too, but I can't verify that). Elkhart's CC is 866.97500 & South Bend's is 860.76250. Only PD & FD are on the SAFE-T system, all other city services are still on VHF.
 

Littlepage66

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Elkhart
Does anybody know of any "digital decoders" that i just could add to the back of my Pro-2051 I really don't want to spend $500 for a new scanner just yet? by the way I still get Elkhart City Fire on old Channels just not EPD.
 

jerk

Active Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2003
Messages
2,448
Reaction score
3
Location
jerkville
rdale said:
Not possible.
Now wait a minute. Didn't AOR make a digital decoder that would work on a tapped radio or one with an IF output. I believe that might work.

Worth it... no in my opinion, the decoder would be expensive enough, and I don't know if it could decode the digital audio from the I.F. It's cheaper and easier to buy a used scanner of of RR or Ebay.

AL
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
by the way I still get Elkhart City Fire on old Channels just not EPD.

Not if you have been listening lately. Everything is digital now, including station alterting.
 
Last edited:

blackbeltrk

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 15, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Elkhart,IN
Rvlane1988 155.655000 is Elkhart county sheriff's old fruquency Elkhart city Pd and elkhart city Fd went digital 800/900. mishawaka is p25. And south bend is still old fm. along with st joe county pd
now south bend has plans to move to digital but south bend hasnt got the money yet from with i heard they were going to go digital 2 years ago but didnt have the money. Far has elkhart city Fd goes i thinki its

Elkhart (Elkhart) 858.96250 860.96250a 866.33750 866.97500c 868.35000
Id
Indiana safe - t just did a reband Scanner Frequencies: Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T Trunking System, Statewide, Indiana
46752
46768
46784
9984
15856
15872
15888
15904
15920


hope this helps check out the site..
 

JLJ061

Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2005
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Ok, got all the Project 25 freqs and talk IDs listed for Elkhart City, but still can't get a signal, and my 395XT keeps saying "Finding Control Channel."

Any other freqs needed for Elkhart? Thanks!
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
I'm not a Uniden guy, so I'm not sure on how your scanner is configured, however Safe-T is not a P25 system.
 
Joined
May 30, 2009
Messages
550
Reaction score
1
Location
In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Download FreeScan and program the system into your XT with it. It's a Motorola system not P25. I have gotten the "Finding Control Channel" message while programming by hand a couple times. Come to find out I was setting it up using the wrong type of system. Just a simple mistake!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top