EMO Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello.

Today when I was looking around for frequencies, I came across what looks like a NEW EMO channel I never seen before. And I am just wondering if anyone knows if this freq (149.035) is a NEW EMO channel for Ontario.

Also I am just wondering if anyone on here would have a complete list of all of the EMO channels that are in use right now or have been used. So I can put them all into my scanners and see if they use them when I go away on trips.

So I will be waiting for any replies to these 2 questions in this post.

Thanks

Coolguy

rc1990

Hello.

Today when I was looking around for frequencies, I came across what looks like a NEW EMO channel I never seen before. And I am just wondering if anyone knows if this freq (149.035) is a NEW EMO channel for Ontario.

Also I am just wondering if anyone on here would have a complete list of all of the EMO channels that are in use right now or have been used. So I can put them all into my scanners and see if they use them when I go away on trips.

So I will be waiting for any replies to these 2 questions in this post.

Thanks

Coolguy

I have 149.7000 and 148.6500 as EMO for Ontario. I'm sure they're more!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I have 149.7000 and 148.6500 as EMO for Ontario. I'm sure they're more!

Whats this EMO you younger people speak of?

Is it some over hair-jelled pouty kid with hair in her/his eyes, listening to A Simple Plan, maybe with a few holes in their heads where they shouldnt be?
:)

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
These frequencies, since Forts explained to me werent of the EMO nature(lol), what kind of activity goes on?

I cant recall ever having these frequencies in my scanner or seeing activity on them.

unlisted

Its very rare to see EMO field officers carrying around a radio. Most communications are now over cell phones. Some of their vehicles have mobiles installed- they are on fleetnet.

DaveH

1 - 148.655
2 - 148.685
3 - 149.495
4 - 149.525

I'm doubtful that 149.525 is used, at least not around where I am. It once was the input
to the (old) EMO Ottawa repeater 148.990. Now it's used by Fleetnet (well not exactly, they
had to move it to 149.530 to be on the grid, or frequency raster as some call it).

Dave

DaveH

Hello.

TAFL shows this frequency used by Fisheries and Oceans, and by Timmins FD.

Dave

pathalogical

or sends alerts when there is no chance of a tornado period
...or constant media coverage, breaking news AND special one hour edition newscast which was nothing more than a photo gallery of viewers pics of lightning hitting the CN Tower of the alleged tornado that didn't happen...

I think we're better off listening to the usual three main services that are easily covered by our scanners for what is going on in unusual circumstances. The freqs mentioned above may become active during such events, but how much or what kind of info will be heard ?

.........I interupt my current post for some................

BREAKING NEWS

Yesterday I gased up and fired up the snowblower: Winter has officially begun !

Status
Not open for further replies.