Encrypted Talk-Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsdam

The other day I was hearing traffic on MPSCS 2081 and 2082 (Flint Area Narcotics). The strange thing I noticed is that only one side of the traffic was encrypted. Has anyone had this happen before?

7/21/08 @ 5:33PMEDT - 2081 & 2082 - Narcotics Officers sitting on a house, one side of traffic was encrypted, other side was not.

-b

Last edited:

mikey60

The other day I was hearing traffic on MPSCS 2081 and 2082 (Flint Area Narcotics). The strange thing I noticed is that only one side of the traffic was encrypted. Has anyone had this happen before?

7/21/08 @ 5:33PMEST - 2081 & 2082 - Narcotics Officers sitting on a house, one side of traffic was encrypted, other side was not.

-b

Yep, not an unusual thing to happen. Sometimes a user forgets to turn on the encryption.

Mike

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
That's one of the advantages to the Uniden line as it mutes the encrypted traffic - allowing the clear to come through. GRE's do not.

The other day I was hearing traffic on MPSCS 2081 and 2082 (Flint Area Narcotics).
7/21/08 @ 5:33PMEST

Last edited:

bsdam

That's one of the advantages to the Uniden line as it mutes the encrypted traffic - allowing the clear to come through. GRE's do not.

Fix your clock ;) Here in Michigan we use Daylight Saving Time (EDT) now.

Interesting, I did not know the Uniden did that. Corrected, thanks :D

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
You might hear that one side is talking in the clear or something like that. A good one here in Barry county they talk in the clear but Calhoun county is encrypted so then they want to talk to Barry county they have to turn it off and then they go back to their own talkgroup alot of times they forget to turn it back on.
Also I noticed though with my 396 when I had it, when it took out the encryption sound the scanner to did not stay on the talkgroup for who ever long that person was tallking, it would start the hold time and then continue to scan even though they continued to talk on that talkgroup, unless Uniden finally fixed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.