Encryption Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmiladim

Good Morning Friends

Would someone please help me in figuring out what the code letters would be in Mode for frequencies that are Encrypted? I understand the FM Mode but trying to learn about what the encryption mode looks like.
Thank you
Milan

usmiladim

fredva

Feed Provider
If you are asking about the Radio Reference database page listings, encryption modes will include "P25e" for conventional P25 digital systems, "DE" for trunked P25 Phase 1 systems, and "TE" for P25 Phase 2 digital systems. I'm not sure of the exact letters for other digital formats such as DMR and NXDN, but they probably end in E.

usmiladim

If you are asking about the Radio Reference database page listings, encryption modes will include "P25e" for conventional P25 digital systems, "DE" for trunked P25 Phase 1 systems, and "TE" for P25 Phase 2 digital systems. I'm not sure of the exact letters for other digital formats such as DMR and NXDN, but they probably end in E.
You can just leave it on AUTO.

The display will then change to the correct mode when it hits that channel.

You're not going to hear anything anyway.View attachment 93576
. So as long as it’s reading as FM nothing is encrypted correct? Thank you

fredva

Feed Provider
. So as long as it’s reading as FM nothing is encrypted correct? Thank you
If you are talking about what is on the Radio Reference pages, yes, that should be correct. Unless somebody in the area failed to report to RR that encryption had been turned on. But chances are, it's in the clear.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
A mode that shows DE would be full time encryption of all users.
A mode listed as De (with a lowercase e) is partial encryption where some users may be in the clear while some are encrypted.
The same lowercase e applies to P25e and Te modes for conventional and Phase 2 P25 systems as well.
I'm not sure but I think DMR and NXDN systems also use an E or e in their Mode column to indicate full or partial encryption.
They may be listed like DMRe and NXDNe for example. It's been a while since I looked at that for DMR and NXDN modes.

Modes without an E or e in the mode column should mean no encryption as @fredva pointed out.

usmiladim

If you are talking about what is on the Radio Reference pages, yes, that should be correct. Unless somebody in the area failed to report to RR that encryption had been turned on. But chances are, it's in the clear.

Thank you to everyone for your help. Slowing trying to figure it out so that when our local PD goes digital, I’ll be somewhat ready.

EdAzalia

AS pointed out in the Ohio Forum, Macedonia is going to the Ohio MARCS-IP system. They are not going "digital" on their present UHF frequency.
Whether they will use encryption remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.