Enjoying 436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

After just a few days of having my new 436 and asking a few questions on the forum, I am really enjoying this new experience. I have found that it receives much better than my 396xt did, but I am finding the learning curve a little steeper. I would have much rather had the 536, but I just wasn't willing to add the extra $100 basically for a WiFi Dongle that's pretty much worthless right now. I just prefer the desk top design. That being said, I still have a lot of learning but a lot more enjoyment just the same.

zzdiesel

I'm beginning to like mine after I'm kinda figuring out the Quick Key thing. I've got the system keys figured but not the sub keys or whatever they're called like for each dept.

NJParamedic

Same here. My frustrations have all been from Sentinel though not the 436. I really like this scanner. I don't know if it's worth the $500, maybe $350-450, but nonetheless I really enjoy it.

I also like the design of the 536 a little more, but I got this to be a portable unit. Now if they'll just make a case for it so I can enjoy it outdoors!

bravada

BCD436 and BCD536 HO

Both are awesome new units i have both up and running. Features and audio both exceptional but I am very disappointed with the display. Unit ID needs a magnifying glass to read and all other display is very disappointing compared to XT series scanners. Hopefully this can be changed with upgraded firmware.
Al

SCPD

QRT
Bigger!

Both are awesome new units i have both up and running. Features and audio both exceptional but I am very disappointed with the display. Unit ID needs a magnifying glass to read and all other display is very disappointing compared to XT series scanners. Hopefully this can be changed with upgraded firmware.
Al

If you change how many lines you see it gets bigger,I saw someone post a vdeo too!

Tramagod

I'll probably get the ARC soon, Sentinel is for me a major challenge. I am slowly being able to program systems, But I'm still having problems figuring out how to assign system keys, quick keys and so forth. It seems that this version of Sentinel has changed considerably from the Home Patrol 1 version. I had it figured out in just a few minutes and had my Home Patrol up and going, fully programmed, in about an hour. This version, not so ,much.

Status
Not open for further replies.