Entergy Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustN

I see Entergy has a TRS entry for Louisiana, but none of the towers are in the EBR/Ascension/Livingston area... I've seen the utility crews using 2-way radio's, anyone have any insight on what system they are on?

kevins669

Database Admin
What he is saying is that he sees the database, but no towers are listed for his area...Even though Entergy has about 6 towers in the area he is referring to, nobody has bothered to id them...

-- Kevin

JustN

Thanks Kevin... That is exactly the case, I know they are using 2-Way's around here, but there are no sites in the DB for my area. Any suggestions on how to go about locating the frequencies that might be in use?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Someone needs to do some snooping with one of the Trunking decoder utilities to see about neighbor sites. Alternatively, you can look through the 800 spectrum for non-identified control channels that have the correct SysID.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I will be continually updating the Entergy systems over the coming months as I transpose data from the CD, and from the old system as well as new submissions as they become available. For anyone wishing to assist, search for active 800 MHz CC's with the Entergy SysID. Then please submit the info you collect. Site number, neighboring sites, CC's alt CC's. and VC's as you log them. Also ANY new unidentified TG's that you can ID. TY

Am having to go slower right now due to having to move and get things set up gain. :) I am just glad I was able to get the system properly broken down before life threw me a curveball again lol.

kevins669

Database Admin
Someone needs to do some snooping with one of the Trunking decoder utilities to see about neighbor sites. Alternatively, you can look through the 800 spectrum for non-identified control channels that have the correct SysID.

I guess its time for a drive down da bayou.

JustN

I ran a scan of 806-870 from Ascension Parish and found 2 sites broadcasting the Entergy Sysid, with a site number attached. One was site 21,which I remember being on the list with no location information, the other was already on the list -- Central site, I believe.

Tonight I can post more information, out running errands right now...

JustN

Good Evening...

From the house in Ascension Parish, I can hear the following control channels...

854.0625 (5C0Bh) 1 bar
electronic maintenance company east baton rouge, la

854.9125 (600Ah-0002) 2 bar
state of louisiana legacy 800 statewide, la

856.8375 (Not sure which group this is...)
entergy jefferson, la
slidell st. tammany, la
american electric power vernon, la

857.9125 (6A0Eh) 2 bar
motiva refinery st. james, la

857.9375 (182Bh) 2 bar
st. james parish st. james, la

858.2625 (4225h) 1 bar
baton rouge public safety west baton rouge, la

859.3375 (2022h) 2 bar (Not sure which group this is...)
entergy jefferson, la
american electric power vernon, la

860.8375 (2D16h-0004) 3 bar
entergy jefferson, la

ascension parish - west donaldsonville, la

ascension parish - east gonzales, la

LWIN @ 700...

Since we're trying to track down the Entergy TRS, I fired up UniTrunker this evening and scanned for about 30 minutes -- the results are attached as images. I tried using Trunk88 and it won't decode anything for this system -- not sure what the issue is there as it decodes the Ascension 800 system without issue.

I am leaving on a business trip tomorrow and will not be back at the monitoring post until Thursday -- if there is more detail you need to help update the system, please let me know.

J-

Attachments

• ut1.jpg
    ut1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 219
  • ut2.jpg
    ut2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 207
  • ut3.jpg
    ut3.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 213
  • ut4.jpg
    ut4.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 211
  • ut5.jpg
    ut5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 210

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Very good report!

5C0B = Needs 'Connect Tone' added. Some DB admin turned this system to depreciated for unknown reason. ?

6A0E = System ID not listed on the system page.

182B = System ID not listed on the system page.

4225 = Needs 'Connect Tone' add to the database page

2022 = System ID not listed on the system page.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Are you confirming the 5C0B system is indeed alive and well? If so what is the CT? Any tg's?? With current data, I can reset this as active, not sure why its listed as deprec...

Also on T88 It worked fine for me on Entergy, in fact 100% better than UT did! *See past postings of T88 in action on the Entergy system....*

JustN

Hi All-

I can confirm that when I tune the BCD996xt to 854.0625, the unit reports the SysID as 5C0Bh -- so I assume, for now, that it's up. As I said in my earlier post, I am out of the office until Thursday, I can try to do some talkgroup monitoring then.

While I am gone, I've got IDTracker III running scanning Ascension East, Ascension West and Entergy recording and logging all heard talk groups. I can start looking at the others after that.

Not sure what's up with Trunker88 -- it monitors C233H just fine, but when switching over to the Entergy system (default settings), it has a good level and not many bad packets, but refuses to decode. Maybe there just wasn't enough activity on the system for it to locate enough data -- this was 10PM at night, after all. I'll try again once I'm home.

fireman1417

Entergy - Site 004
Just FYI to all, site 004 is listed as Central in the database. If my memory serves me correctly the FCC license data for this site also lists Central as the town. I can confirm that the "Central" that is being referred to is not the city in EBR. This tower site is in St. James parish near the intersection of Hwy 3125 and Hwy 70. This rural community was once known as Central, you probably won't see it listed on a map anymore, the whole general area is now referred to as Convent. I confirmed this site, passed by it, took the antenna of and still picked it up as site 004 while sitting right there. I just wanted to let anyone know incase you are trying to monitor in this area.

JustN

fireman1417-

According to the FCC, the CC 860.8375 is registered to Entergy in "Central, LA", but the address tells it all...

5 KM SE BURNSIDE
5 KM SE OF BURNSIDE
LA HWY 3125 5 KM S OF BURNSIDE

That seems to jive with what you've found in the past...

JustN

5C0B = Needs 'Connect Tone' added. Some DB admin turned this system to depreciated for unknown reason. ? ** See attached image **

6A0E = System ID not listed on the system page.
** See attached image **

Attachments

• 2d16h-004.jpg
    2d16h-004.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 147

JustN

Sorry, forgot to attach the other...

Attachments

• 5C0B.jpg
    5C0B.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 145
Status