Error code 10 to Broadcastify Troubleshooting

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
I am a feed provider and 4 days ago started receiving random Error code 1 and Error code 10 issues with disconnects. There hasn't seemed to be any pattern to these errors (day, night, overnights). My feed provides redundancy in this area of NYS, however I've noticed my "listeners" have dwindled over this period, most likely due to the frustration with random disconnects. I am using Proscan Source Clent, with a BCD536HP and WiFi dongle connection. Prior to becoming a new feed provider, I was using ProScan Web Server for my own use away from home (or upstairs lounging on the sofa) with no issues, no errors for 3 months since install. My provider is Spectrum, and I am consistently in the 350-390 mbps range on speedtests.

I searched here on RR for any feedback/solutions. Despite getting a few hits, I have not found any resolution to the issue in any of the threads I was able to pull up. I've decided to do my own sleuthing. Bob @ProScan did provide some good details in a couple of the threads on potential sources of the errors. He mentioned more than once utilizing PingPlotter to help identify the source of the errors. Never heard of it, decided to download it. Turns out, the program is quite intuitive with a very helpful online tutorial.

My preliminary findings are captured in the snapshots below. Using Broadcastify as the target IP, it appears that there is a severe latency issue on hop #6, which is a Charter (Spectrum) IP (identified as COUDERSPORTBB-2 using WHOIS.com). Now, knowing that there have been Spectrum outage issues very recently, not to mention the Amazon Cloud outage, I am not sure if I am going to take it further at this point, rather a wait and see approach. So far my router (hop#1) connection shows no issues, nor do any of the other hops (why does it take 19 hops to get there??). More importantly, it shows there are no issues with ProScan or the Broadcastify target for my feed.

Obviously, I don't have a solution yet (it seems out of my hands), but with this info, I believe I can engage Spectrum support IF I need to take it further. I hope it doesn't come to that point :) Then again, I may be totally off base and not interpreting my findings utilizing PingPlotter correctly. I just wanted to post here as I know others have seen this issue.
Jim

1686945863115.png
1686945906553.png
1686947062135.png

Attachments

• 1686946905765.png
    1686946905765.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 6

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
This morning's update: After 18 hours error free, I lost connection to the Broadcastify servers again. Something is definitely up with that hop#6 IP, with the severe latency. I've been seeing it for hours, but it wasn't enough to force the disconnect until about 30 min ago.

Incidentally, one thing I failed to mention in my original post was that I had both the Proscan Web Server as well as the Client Server active simultaneously. I wasn't sure if that would cause an issue, but apparently it doesn't matter for this issue.

1687000718797.png

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
This morning I came down to find 2 more disconnects overnight. I also noticed several more hops with red packet loss indictors. I found that I still had the Proscan Web Server (auto start, since disabled) simultaneously running with Source Client. Pulling up my cable modem diagnostics, I had 50 million+ OFDM PLC corrected errors on one bonded channel. I cleared the error log and rebooted the modem to start a fresh monitor of the modem. Looking at Device Manager, I found that my RealTek WiFi device inside this mini PC was using a standard, old Microsoft driver. I also noticed in my System->Network & Internet display that this PC was only connecting to the 2.4GHz channel. I downloaded a newer RealTek driver for my device. I now show the PC is connected to the 5 GHz channel, the Internet is much smoother and over 5+ hours, have no red packet loss notifications. I do, however still see the issue with packet loss on hop#6 but it hasn't created an issue yet. All the other hops (other than that unknown one with 100% loss) seem quite well.

Knowing there are current nationwide Internet issues, I am not overly concerned with the OFDM errors. It appears I did have issues on my end which seem to be better or resolved with the NIC driver update and the modem reboot. I will continue to monitor the performance with PingPlotter. It's been frustrating, but a fun learning experience at the same time. Time will tell. I'm also not sure anyone but me cares about this :)

1687106397159.png

1687106815117.png

Daniel001

Feed Provider
This morning I came down to find 2 more disconnects overnight. I also noticed several more hops with red packet loss indictors. I found that I still had the Proscan Web Server (auto start, since disabled) simultaneously running with Source Client. Pulling up my cable modem diagnostics, I had 50 million+ OFDM PLC corrected errors on one bonded channel. I cleared the error log and rebooted the modem to start a fresh monitor of the modem. Looking at Device Manager, I found that my RealTek WiFi device inside this mini PC was using a standard, old Microsoft driver. I also noticed in my System->Network & Internet display that this PC was only connecting to the 2.4GHz channel. I downloaded a newer RealTek driver for my device. I now show the PC is connected to the 5 GHz channel, the Internet is much smoother and over 5+ hours, have no red packet loss notifications. I do, however still see the issue with packet loss on hop#6 but it hasn't created an issue yet. All the other hops (other than that unknown one with 100% loss) seem quite well.

Knowing there are current nationwide Internet issues, I am not overly concerned with the OFDM errors. It appears I did have issues on my end which seem to be better or resolved with the NIC driver update and the modem reboot. I will continue to monitor the performance with PingPlotter. It's been frustrating, but a fun learning experience at the same time. Time will tell. I'm also not sure anyone but me cares about this :)

View attachment 143933

View attachment 143934

Daniel001

Feed Provider
Any Updates ? I have the same issue with 2 PC's. I am myself a Broadcastify Feed provider.

Running 1 PC per Feed

Feed 1 PC I5 RadioFeed updated to latest. Windows 8.1
Feed 2 PC Quad core. RadioFeed software also. Windows 10

Both everything to latest Updates.

Modem isn't dropping connections, everything good on that side.

Been doing this for long time. Tried another "router" same problem.

Only thing is I will check with Pingplotter, and see if i can update network drivers for both pc's.

I doubt problem is on our side as everyone is using different pc's and equipment and lots are having same problem.

I'm starting to think its the Radiofeed software. Will probably try another one also.

If anyone has any suggestions, your more than welcome to reply.

Thanks
Dan

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
Dan, I still get occasional drops and 99% of the time it's within the last 3 hops to audio1.broadcastify.com . They happen far less frequently, maybe every 10 days on occasion. Still using Spectrum here. Pingplotter is a valuable tool. It's the first thing I scroll back to check when I see the drops/error code 10s in the status logs.

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI, Dan: Been getting occasional drops the last 3 days, mostly on the last 3 hops to Broadcastify. The first is the Level 3 (CenturyLink) provider in Louisiana. The second the hop provided by Hosting Services, Inc (Midphase.com). The third is the audio1 broadcastify endpoint. Incidentally, Level 3 (CenturyLink) has a blast saying they are experiencing service disruptions globally.