Estes Park EMS & Scotts Bluff Med Helicopter

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Does Estes Park use TG 121 for EMS anymore? I have not heard them on it for years. Has CSP Troop C base and Tac on their own frequencies or are the patch with 3A still? I been hearing a lot of traffic on 3C lately. Was this part of the change with CSP?

Does anyone know what freq's is use to come from Scotts bluff, Neb. to Greeley and also come to MCR?

BinaryMode

You may have discovered, but Med Choppers to MCR will use the MCR talk group on the DTRS... Same for McKee's DTRS talkgroup. Mckee has one helipad.

When near the airport (KFNL - Northern Colorado Regional) they (the Med chopper) will broadcast their intentions on the tower frequency of 118.6 I think it is. The airport is literally about half a mile North of MCR. Also, the choppers will lift off from one of two helipads at MCR to get fuel at KFNL and will broadcast that on the tower frequency.

Cheyenne airport (KCYS) now facilitates Med Choppers to MCR...

But yeah, all in all it's the MCR hospital talkgroup.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
NOCO regional "Tower" (Temporarily unicom) is 118.400. 118.600 is Rocky Mtn Metro (Former Jeffco) Tower.

Cheyenne (KCYS) Tower is 118.700.

BinaryMode

MCR is talk group 4079. That's where you'll hear the patient care reports from the Med chopper inbound to MCR. I know because I actively monitor MCR from the Loveland and Bald Mountain North towers. I'm sure you'll hear them on Horsetooth as well.

Some others you may be interested in:

Code:
MCKEE,4076

EMS Disp,4091

AM1-Lifeguard,2808

AM2-AirLife Denv,2809

AM3-NCMedvac,2810

Air Med Cnsle,3996

AM4-PVHFlght,2811

AM5-LifeLine,2812

AM6-Reach,2813

NColoMedevac,1917

NCOMdvcRun1,1918

UCHealth Disp,153

CareFlight,2815

The bottom line is this: if you're interested in patient care reports from Med choppers inbound to a hospital monitor the hospital talk group.

One day I'm sure they're figure out a way to encrypt without a logistical nightmare or use Sat Com. Which in my humble opinion would be an absolute mistake unless there's a plan B or secondary terrestrial non-encrypted channel.

Last edited:

BinaryMode

NOCO regional "Tower" (Temporarily unicom) is 118.400. 118.600 is Rocky Mtn Metro (Former Jeffco) Tower.

Cheyenne (KCYS) Tower is 118.700.

Yeah, 1184.

Do you know if they plan to stop the virtual tower thing?