Eton Elite Executive $79.99 on Woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
When the Eton/Grundig Executive Satellit (original name) first hit Amazon, it could be had for about $71. I failed to recognize just how much of a deal that was. :(

--
Mike

mbott

Premium Subscriber
In 2019, they were $91.73 plus tax when I picked up mine.

--
Mike

RU55

Radio receiver
New, not refurbished, according to the description. I just bought one. No, I don't work for Woot or Amazon. This is just an amazing price!

(NEW) Eton Elite Executive Shortwave Radio - $79.99 - Free shipping for Prime members (NEW) Eton Elite Executive Shortwave Radio - $79.99 - Free shipping for Prime members
Thanks for the heads up!

Just got the radio, surprisingly good for such a small radio! I was surprise how well I could receive 40 meter ham SSB on the little antenna on the unit. I can hardly wait to connect a proper external antenna and try it out.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Thanks for the heads up!

Just got the radio, surprisingly good for such a small radio! I was surprise how well I could receive 40 meter ham SSB on the little antenna on the unit. I can hardly wait to connect a proper external antenna and try it out.

I just got notification that mine will be delivered tomorrow! Looking forward to playing with it.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Just a heads-up. That display goes dark if you're wearing polarized sun glasses. I thought mine failed until I took them off.

RU55

Radio receiver
Just a heads-up. That display goes dark if you're wearing polarized sun glasses. I thought mine failed until I took them off.
You can probably see the display with your polaroids if you turn the radio 90 degrees.

RU55

Radio receiver
True, but initially it was a surprise. 😁
Yup! I was surprised the first time I looked at one of my tablets with Polaroids on until I figured out what was going on.

RU55

Radio receiver
I received an 1/8" stereo adapter for the antenna port on the Eton elite executive radio yesterday. This allows me to use my 40 meter dipole antenna for the radio. This little radio is amazing for what it costs and it's size. The attenuator switch next to the antenna port comes in handy when using the dipole antenna. One thing that surprised me is how much the antenna helps with the regular FM band. Stations that I can't hear at all with the whip antenna come in full quieting with the dipole antenna. I also like the 500 Hz bandwidth SSB filter for listening to CW.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
So my radio came a few days before I left for vacation, and I didn't have a lot of time to play with it or learn the features, and I still haven't, though I have been listening to it. This is my first radio with synchronous detection and I was looking forward to using it, but I've been pretty disappointed with how gimmicky it is. The tuning step with the knob is way too small, but I think that's a setting I can change. Using the tuning buttons does something with the memory pages and I need to figure out how to change that setting as well, if there is one. Some days I am impressed with the radio, and others I am not. Overall, though, I do like the radio, though it's smaller than I imagined and the "leather" case is cheap plastic. We'll see how things go when I really learn how to use it.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
<snip>

This is my first radio with synchronous detection and I was looking forward to using it, but I've been pretty disappointed with how gimmicky it is.

<snip>

There is only one radio that I've owned that had a decent synchronous detection and that's my Sony ICF-2010. Every other radio, including the 2 IC-R75s could not live up to the Sony.

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.