HP-2: Extreme Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Hi!

I have two Homepatrol 2 scanners, one with the extreme upgrade and one without the upgrade.

Since the upgrade, two Hp2's side by side programmed exactly the same, the HP2(e) is now less sensitive than the other. This is a mystery??

Anyone with ideas?

Thank you.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
OK, I noticed the HP2(e) standing alone is less sensitive than it was before the upgrade.

marksmith

That is hard to understand, because the upgrade is built into the firmware in both of your radios. All entering the key does us unlock some options on one radio. No new firmware or software is installed for an upgrade.

If there is truly a difference, it is more likely something else.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

phask

Premium Subscriber
If you are using the stock , or an attached antenna, and especially on any 800 trunked system, there are way too many variables to evaluate. Conditions will change just by moving the radio a few inches or rearranging the furniture. Listening is way too subjective.

I have 3 with extreme - no difference that I could tell - or compared with any others in the shack.

marksmith

Since you are in the northeast, if you are comparing now with a couple months ago, even the leaves on the trees will effect marginal 800mz signals.

As previous poster mentioned, moving the radio an inch one way or the other can dramatically impact reception of some 700 - 800mz systems.

Do you have a radio that transmits? You can desensitized a Uniden scanner by broadcasting on a radio too close to it, or being right next to or under a high power repeater antenna for a while.

Other than those types of things, which are the kind of things that can impact sensitivity, it can just be other very numerous issues, but I doubt the upgrade had any impact.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all responses to my question. Monitoring P25 Phase 1&2 can be challenging.

I appreciate all the advise!

Status
Not open for further replies.